Those elusive single versions!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
simoncm
Embryo
Embryo

Those elusive single versions!

Post by simoncm »

I'd love to get the proper single versions of the band's 45s (I do have See Emily Play and Point me at the Sky as singles) but the more I dig, the more bewildered I get by all the variations - e.g. the different recordings of It Would Be So Nice, the fact that the mono Julia Dream is apparently significantly longer than the stereo. Have all the single versions been released on compilations (vinyl or CD?)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Those elusive single versions!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

simoncm wrote:I'd love to get the proper single versions of the band's 45s (I do have See Emily Play and Point me at the Sky as singles) but the more I dig, the more bewildered I get by all the variations - e.g. the different recordings of It Would Be So Nice, the fact that the mono Julia Dream is apparently significantly longer than the stereo. Have all the single versions been released on compilations (vinyl or CD?)
Best we got was the extra CD in the 1992 box set "Shine On". We got "The Early Singles".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shine_On_ ... ly_Singles

I managed to pick it up second hand in a shop myself. I really feel Pink Floyd need a massive rarities compilation like the Beatles's Anthology CDs.
And welcome to the forum!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Those elusive single versions!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Really we need The Complete Singles of Pink Floyd! Whatever song was released in whatever country all compiled in chronological order.

Arnold Layne to Louder Than Words! I think Pink Floyd nuts like us are the only people who'd appreciate an album like that!
Pity, it would have made for a more rewarding compilation than "A Foot In The Door"...