Introducing...DarkSideFreak (another APFFN refugee)

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Introducing...DarkSideFreak (another APFFN refugee)

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Hello everybody!

I'm from Germany. And like Outside-Looking In, Driven, Gordon Powers, meddle etc., I previously was a member on APFFN (the first site I ever joined!) and I always thought it was an awesome site but somewhere around this year it all started to fall apart - not because there weren't enough people posting, rather quite the opposite (when I had joined in 2011, five posts per month were enough to make me top poster of month; in April 2015, the top 3 posters alone made more than 2000 posts). The #TDB20 Sweepstakes and the upgrade to the new modern interactive forum software had given the site another push, but the problem as I see it was that the new moderator team didn't get much respect and was constantly attacked, plus the jokes, which had always been harmless before, had become a bit...er...perverse.

The main reason why I've now joined NPF is because some of the aforementioned friends I'd made on APFFN said they'd migrate here, and I also used the same username so that people who didn't hear about APFFN's demise (I'm sure 95% of all registered users don't have a clue) and who miss me have the chance to find me here.

Regarding my musical preferences, Pink Floyd are probably an eternal mainstay in my top 3 of favourite bands, the other two currently being Tears for Fears and Rush, but I love lots of other bands from the slightly progressive to pure prog as well as the hard rock and blues spectrum. Well, I don't really like talking about myself! Which is probably why I never introduced myself at APFFN...lol

I'm looking forward to posting here, saying some of the things I haven't said yet, getting into discussions and all that, but I have to confess that my main internet home will probably be the Steve Hoffman Music Forums (for the variety of topics), plus I feel like I have made most of my Floyd statements already on the APFFN (which is now unfortunately all lost) - so don't be surprised if I may appear to be a bit reluctant to discuss certain matters (e.g. why I prefer AMLOR to TFC - cue the incredulous gasps of the Waters fraction... =)).

To finish this for now, I'll just follow along the lines of blues' introduction post:

Favourite member: David Gilmour
Favourite album: The Dark Side of the Moon (what did you expect, really?)
Favourite songs...that's tough...some of them are: Astronomy Domine, Let There Be More Light, The Narrow Way, Summer '68, One of these Days, Echoes, The Gold it's in the..., Mudmen, Childhood's End, Time, Money, Any Colour You Like, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have a Cigar, Dogs, Sheep, Another Brick in the Wall (pt.1 & 3), Young Lust, Nobody Home, Comfortably Numb (either original or Live at Knebworth 1990) The Gunners Dream, The Final Cut, Not Now John, Signs of Life, The Dogs of War, On the Turning Away, Terminal Frost, Poles Apart, Coming Back to Life, High Hopes, Sum and the entire Side 3 of The Endless River --- Though if I had to narrow it down to only a handful, I'd probably end up with something like this: Echoes, Time, Shine On, Dogs, Comfortably Numb

PS: Any other people frequenting the internet with the name "Darksidefreak" have nothing to do with me. I'm just the bloke that used the same name on APFFN.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Introducing...DarkSideFreak (another APFFN refugee)

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome to the forum from a non-APFFN refugee! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: Introducing...DarkSideFreak (another APFFN refugee)

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Welcome to the forum from a non-APFFN refugee! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Thanks. I still have to get used to this site.