Detective Work

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Petetobin
Embryo
Embryo

Detective Work

Post by Petetobin »

As most of you will know Dave Gilmour has a home on Hove seafront which is round the corner from me. I go to the gym at the King Alfred Centre which is about 400m from his house. Over the last few weeks I have often heard a band practising in the leisure centre and they sounded good though nothing like Pink Floyd. Anyway, on Monday I walked past the hall where I had heard the music and there was a massive lorry parked outside and a whole bunch of guys loading in PA equipment. Some of the equipment had Pink Floyd World Tour stamped on it. Any idea what was going on?
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Re: Detective Work

Post by learningtofly »

Wow, Polly has posted photos from rehearsals on instagram, I wondered where the venue might be! Guess makes sense with the first gig a mile along the road tomorrow!
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Just checked photos again....the venue had chandelier type lighting so presumably these not taken in the leisure centre. There's some new photos added today. Looks like could be inside the Brighton centre
Petetobin
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Petetobin »

I think the photos are of the King Alfred and the timing works as well.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Ok.sure....that would make sense. I going tonight?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

learningtofly wrote:Ok.sure....that would make sense. I going tonight?
I will also be there

:)
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Very much looking forward to this.

No idea what format this show will entail but I am presuming it is a 'get things right' kind of show.
Doubt I'll hang around to say 'hello' to Mr Gilmour as he can be quite frosty to us dear fans of his.

Got to say thanks Keith for the link that came from this forum that actually alerted me to the tour in the first place just like the 'On An Island Tour'.

Hope you enjoy the show whatever show(s) you go to.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I must admit talking to people who have met him he seems to be quite nice, though he definitely looks more irritable in these videos where he's surrounded by fans shoving albums and posters in his face.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moodyblue wrote:Got to say thanks Keith for the link that came from this forum that actually alerted me to the tour in the first place just like the 'On An Island Tour'.
Thank you for visiting us. 8)
Petetobin
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Petetobin »

Just met Dave outside the Neptune on Victoria Terrace, I was getting the papers and so was he but in his case he was descended on by a load of fans who were sitting outside Sugar Dough. He seemed civil but he definitely wasn't happy.