2015/16 Tour Dvd

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

2015/16 Tour Dvd

Post by learningtofly »

I wonder which shows will be filmed for dvd/BR on this tour? 2 of course were on the last tour, I would have thought the Arena di Verona would have been a good choice, Deep Purple released a dvd with orchestra from there recently and its stunning, but not heard anything on this front.

On reflection, disc 1 of the Remember that night is pretty disappointing. Gdanks the better option, hope they can improve upon this time.
Andreysonj
Axe
Axe

Re: 2015/16 Tour Dvd

Post by Andreysonj »

I like some performances of RTN rather than Gdansk. I think that on Gdanks they're more free to improvise and more secure of themselves, but I love some of the RTN tracks.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Some of the venues on the 2015/2016 tour are quite picturesque, per instance Arena di Verona, Arena in Pula, the Roman theater in Orange, etc. Maybe this time around he could try something different and record multiple shows to make a compilation video at the end of the tour. Not that some of his or PF's earlier concert videos weren't compiled from several different nights, albeit at the same venue.
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

Your avatar slayed me. I'd selfishly prefer the Blu-ray to be filmed at RAH as I'll be there, but what's the point in doing it again? Seems like the European dates will have much more interesting and unique setups, so it should probably go to those. Then again, we'll probably all have to rattle our wallets for more than one live DVD in the end, just like last time :lol:
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Heh heh, lose that change !

Yeah, no point in RAH…..just hope they are doing one in Europe, of the US venues the Hollywood Bowl could also be suitable I suppose.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I hope it's one of the nice outdoor venues. Hollywood Bowl would be cool though.
Brother Chaos
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Brother Chaos »

If there is a DVD of a U.S. date, I'm really hoping they choose the Chicago show at the Auditorium Theatre. It was a venue hand-picked by Dave for this tour due to fond memories of playing there in the early 70's with Floyd.

http://www.jenchicago.com/wp-content/up ... hicago.jpg
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Brother Chaos wrote:If there is a DVD of a U.S. date, I'm really hoping they choose the Chicago show at the Auditorium Theatre. It was a venue hand-picked by Dave for this tour due to fond memories of playing there in the early 70's with Floyd.

http://www.jenchicago.com/wp-content/up ... hicago.jpg
Wow; that looks like an awesome place to see any show. Beautiful.