David Gilmour Announces 2015 European Tour Dates

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Re: David Gilmour Announces 2015 European Tour Dates

Post by raisemyrent »

man alive. I blink and another date is added. I honestly had a feeling and figured 'what news could there be?'. had abusy weekend. I come back. what's this? another LA date. so we did well for section 1 no resale adjacent seats. weekend in LA, not bad I guess (we have tickets for the other 2 shows).
so we'll also be receiving a total of 6 copies of RTL (6 european tickets and 6 north american, but 2 were re-sale). we need 1 lol

my guess is because it's no skin off their back, and it will boost pre-orders for the album and help it debut higher. if you do a rough calc, say 10,000 CDs per night, isn't that like 80,000 sales alone? Canada runs on a separate certification of course (gold, platinum etc), but still...
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

According to A Fleeting Glimpse, David and the band have been rehearsing Us and Them, which is a massive surprise.

Let's hope it makes it into the setlist! :D
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

UsNotThem wrote:According to A Fleeting Glimpse, David and the band have been rehearsing Us and Them, which is a massive surprise.

That would be great! Any other info?
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Follix wrote:
UsNotThem wrote:According to A Fleeting Glimpse, David and the band have been rehearsing Us and Them, which is a massive surprise.

That would be great! Any other info?
Well the confirmed band members are Jon Carin and Kevin McAlea on keyboards, Phil Manzanera on guitar, Guy Pratt on bass and Steve Distanislao on drums.

Saxophone is supposedly to be played by Theo Travis.

:)
Matstx
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matstx »

Hello everyone. Can someone help me in a dilemma please. The tickets for the shows in London royal Albert hall are sold out. But in the reseller website Viagogo there are some tickets for sale. Is this Viagogo reliable? Should i trust it? And aren't those tickets for david shows personalised so you have to show your ID in the entrance?!so how does the reseller ticket work in this case?

Thanks
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

twcc wrote:
Bluenose wrote:Anyone got any idea why the American ticket holders are getting a free copy of the 'Rattle that Lock' CD?
... and the Canadian !
The free CD linked to my ticket for Toronto has been shipped to an 'accommodation' address I have in the USA ... I have just checked the UPS tracking and the CD should be delivered tomorrow. Just a pity I'm in the UK at present. No worries a Blu-ray should land on my UK doormat on Friday or Saturday morning.

:)
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Matstx wrote:Hello everyone. Can someone help me in a dilemma please. The tickets for the shows in London royal Albert hall are sold out. But in the reseller website Viagogo there are some tickets for sale. Is this Viagogo reliable? Should i trust it? And aren't those tickets for david shows personalised so you have to show your ID in the entrance?!so how does the reseller ticket work in this case?

Thanks
Viagogo are complete crooks, wouldn’t touch them! But yes, photo ID and the original credit card used for purchase are required so even more reason to avoid them!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
I have never used them but, for info, the Viagogo web site states -
Buyers of tickets for this event will be accompanied into the venue by the seller.
Sellers of tickets for this event please note that you will be required to accompany the buyer into the venue.