Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

Post by FreeFour »

Not sure how I feel about this one, but would be really interested to hear from anyone that reads it.

Perhaps Neptune could request a copy to review for us ?

http://www.angelscript.com
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

Post by kjek1 »

Have to be honest I have little interest in Gilmour's very private life, which should in my opinion remain private. So I'll be giving it a miss.
lisasstark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lisasstark »

Ugh it was great, the things she said made me change my mind on so many things.. she's way nicer than Polly and she's obviously still in love with David, but I was quite shocked to know that David was never a great husband or father.. I mean it doesn't surprise me anymore since I've been finding a lot of not so nice things about him..
either way I think you should read it, it's nice
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

What not so nice things, out of interest?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I have Ginger as a friend on Facebook for a long time now and she's a very emotional, spiritual and creative lady...
Heard about the book, would love to get a copy of it.

What I resent Gilmour is the fact that his own son, Matt, had an album out couple of weeks ago and no mention of it anywhere, yet he pushes his other kids from his present marriage in the spotlight. Matt is a nice chap and knows a chord or two on the guitar. I'm sure they are all taken care of financially, but I think that Gilmour is making a sort of barrier between the kids he had with Ginger and the ones he has now with Polly. Not nice at all.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Do you know any couples, married or otherwise? Sure you do; you've known plenty.

Have they ever disagreed? Had a problem, and details leaked out? Maybe things that didn't make either party look good, or maybe something that made one look bad until you learned the truth, which made the other one look worse.

And how about your own relationships? Perfect, were they? Or maybe things went on, were said, that you wouldn't want getting out. Probably neither you nor your significant other are particularly evil, but if one set of information got out, you'd be the bastard, or if another, the other would be. And even if it all got out, no one would understand it the way you and your significant other do.

The problems with related party biographies such as this are that, by definition, they're trading on someone else's name, written by people whose sole value to the audience is their past proximity to a notable person, which entails a bias borne of the relationship through which the writer knew the notable person - such a book can never be the result of research and interviews; it's her impression of a man viewed through her own needs/wants etc.

The point is not that a particular act by David can be defended; the point is that not only do we not know what really happened, all we know is that this is an ex's take - and would you want the story of your life written by one of your exes? I wouldn't expect mine to get it right even if they were trying to make me look good.

Ginger may be a wonderful person (although writing a book about a famous ex is a hell of a way to show it), but it's clear there can be little of value here. Buy Phil Taylor's book instead.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Yes, well said....have just ordered the updated 84 page edition of The Black strat !
lisasstark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lisasstark »

Well don't overreact, Ginger is a great woman and she's been saying nothing but nice things about David .. she's not the only ex rockstar wife who has written a book about her life with her husband, and I know many of you may not be interested in his private life but some people are curious to know everything about the ones they worship, so why is it a big deal anyway?
The things I've heard weren't from Ginger herself because her book was nothing but a bunch of short stories and images she liked to share, nothing personal don't worry [-X The things I've heard were from people (including groupies) who happen to have dated or been friends with the Pink Floyd members..
we know so many things about other bands' private lives but why not pink floyd? is it because they did things in the shadow and didn't want anything to be leaked? I'm sorry but as I said before, many of you may not be interested in the Floyd's private lives but some people are curious soo [-o<
Last edited by lisasstark on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

lisasstark wrote:The things I've heard were from people (including groupies) who happen to have dated or been friends with the Pink Floyd members...
Sounds like you should be the one writing a book.

[NOTE: no need to do so.]
lisasstark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lisasstark »

BertWW96 wrote:Sounds like you should be the one writing a book.

omg I sound like a stalker <.8.> :lol:
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

BertWW96 wrote:
lisasstark wrote:The things I've heard were from people (including groupies) who happen to have dated or been friends with the Pink Floyd members...
Sounds like you should be the one writing a book.

Pink Floyd and groupies.............is this for real? There were bands through the '60s/'70s/'80s who, shall we say, dipped their wick on a regular basis (Led Zep, Motley Crue etc). But were The Floyd ever part of that culture? Personally I think that's a bit unlikely.
lisasstark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lisasstark »

Bigmanpigman wrote:
BertWW96 wrote:Sounds like you should be the one writing a book.

Pink Floyd and groupies.............is this for real? There were bands through the '60s/'70s/'80s who, shall we say, dipped their wick on a regular basis (Led Zep, Motley Crue etc). But were The Floyd ever part of that culture? Personally I think that's a bit unlikely.
That's exactly why I said they did things in the shadow, I contacted Michele Overman and she told me some real shit about David Gilmour himself!! apparently they weren't as innocent as we thought
Last edited by lisasstark on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

lisasstark wrote:That's exactly why I said they did things in the shadow, I contacted Michele Overman and she told me some real shit about David Gilmour himself!! apparently they weren't as innocent as we thought
Oh come on, the man has eight kids. Nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Hudini wrote: Oh come on, the man has eight kids. Nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.
Maybe he got more :smt002
Luvelle Raevan
Axe
Axe

Post by Luvelle Raevan »

I'd love to read Ginger Gilmour's book. :D She's a superbly talented true artist...l adore her angel sculptures. She should be proud to be David's first wife and their children are lovely. I admire Ginger very much.