Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

Post by kjek1 »

I'd take any stories anyone get's with a pinch of salt. Just remember there's a lot of attention seekers out there.

In saying that it's hard not to notice David doesn't seem to involve his oldest kids much. I'm sure it stung a little for Matt to sit there while his Dad was doing his best to win the heart of his girlfriends son from a previous relationship.
lisasstark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by lisasstark »

kjek1 wrote:I'd take any stories anyone get's with a pinch of salt. Just remember there's a lot of attention seekers out there.

In saying that it's hard not to notice David doesn't seem to involve his oldest kids much. I'm sure it stung a little for Matt to sit there while his Dad was doing his best to win the heart of his girlfriends son from a previous relationship.
and who are you calling "attention seekers"??!!
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

lisasstark wrote:
kjek1 wrote:I'd take any stories anyone get's with a pinch of salt. Just remember there's a lot of attention seekers out there.

and who are you calling "attention seekers"??!!
People who spread stories, like some of these groupies.

is there a problem?
shadowblock
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shadowblock »

Hi, I thought I would present the forum with a link to a small sample of Gingers Book for any here who may be interested.
Thank you,
Angelscript Team

http://online.flipbuilder.com/rhbu/xron/
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

shadowblock wrote:Hi, I thought I would present the forum with a link to a small sample of Gingers Book for any here who may be interested.
Thank you,
Angelscript Team

http://online.flipbuilder.com/rhbu/xron/
Thanks for the sample !
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

+1, interesting sample
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Thanks All for bursting my little bubble! I've always held DG in the highest regard but then again I used to feel like Ginger did about my scumbag Ex being a knight in shining armour. :roll: If I wrote a book about our relationship it would probably be made into a lifetime movie! Lol. :lol: Anyhow I am intrigued by the bit I've read on here. There's a part of me that likes to think David wrote his song "Dancing right in front of me" about Ginger. And as someone else on here mentioned in another post Ginger can't be too sour or she would have gone back to her maiden name. I know I did & my son is planning to change his when he turns 18!
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

pffann wrote:...Ginger can't be too sour or she would have gone back to her maiden name.
$
shadowblock
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shadowblock »

'Messenger of Beauty'
ChickenStu
Axe
Axe

Post by ChickenStu »

I don't get why someone would want to read this. I've read that Pigs Might Fly Book my Mark Blake and I've got Nick Mason's book ready to read next... but those books are about the BAND.
As for what sort of husband or father a person is - I think that should really remain with the people concerned. It's none of my business.
The way I see it - I'm a customer. A consumer. David Gilmour/Pink Floyd put out a PRODUCT which I enjoy. If I was ever lucky enough to meet them, that's ALL I would want to talk to them about and all I'd be interested in knowing.

Let me put it another way. I enjoy a can of coke. If I met the guy in charge of Coca Cola - I might ask him how he makes it - but I wouldn't want to read a book about how many presents he did/didn't get his kids for Christmas.
Brian1701
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Brian1701 »

First thing I truly believe that people that invade personal lives are just gossips. I read the book well half and then put it down. I'm not interested in hearing about Mr Gilmour's married life. That's one of the best things about Pink Floyd they kept their personal lives for the most part personal.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I was reading on Ginger's FB Page and saw these two pictures, not seen these before!

Jokers Wild!
Jokers Wild Pink Floyd.jpg
Jokers Wild.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

lisasstark wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:53 am I mean it doesn't surprise me anymore since I've been finding a lot of not so nice things about him..
I don't think we could ever pretend that any of the members would win any awards for Man of the Year, but David has always struck me as at least a decent human being, though my personal thoughts on the whole Waters vs Gilmour thing in the 80s may play a role in that
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Bigmanpigman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:41 pmPink Floyd and groupies.............is this for real? There were bands through the '60s/'70s/'80s who, shall we say, dipped their wick on a regular basis (Led Zep, Motley Crue etc). But were The Floyd ever part of that culture? Personally I think that's a bit unlikely.
In 2017, Roger Waters personally fulfilled a promise to his friend, Nick Sedgwick, to posthumously publish the book he wrote while traveling with the Floyd during their '74 and '75 tours, In the Pink (Not a Hunting Memoir).

In it, he details personal conflicts within the band, as well as the breakdown of Roger's first marriage - which ended due to him sleeping with groupies whilst on tour, and abandoning his leftist/progressive political beliefs once Dark Side of the Moon started bringing in millions.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

As I know a both Rick's songs 'Summer 68' and 'Stay' are about a groupies, and a one night stand.