New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Turid
Embryo
Embryo

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by Turid »

Hello from Norway and thank you for letting me join :D
Obviously I like Pink Floyd! No, I LOVE Pink Floyd and I'm a Gilmour fan and I have av small collection that I'm proud of!
I really don't know what I can contribute with, but I want to learn more about the greatest band and hopefully get to know some great people!
If my english writing goes wrong, I will blame it all on my norwegian autocorrect :lol:

Wish you all a great weekend
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Hello there ;) You're not very far from me (Estonia).

Autocorrect is one of the best things in the virtual world :D Have you seen those autocorrect fails? Oh boy :lol:
Turid
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Turid »

moom wrote:Hello there ;) You're not very far from me (Estonia).

Autocorrect is one of the best things in the virtual world :D Have you seen those autocorrect fails? Oh boy :lol:
Hello to you too :)

Yes! I love reading those autocorrect fails! Really makes me laugh :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

As for contributions, well... for a while it's been hard to add anything to the forum/site, but now that we have so much new releases there are probably some more news coming up, as well as some Floyd-related stuff going on in Norway ;) Hey, maybe David will come play!
Turid
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Turid »

It would be so amazing if he would come here. I really hope he would do that.
If not, at least I will see him 2 nights in RAH next september :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Ah, the good ol' Al :)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome to the forum!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome to the forum!
Turid
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Turid »

Thank you :D
OenonesPrism
Embryo
Embryo

Post by OenonesPrism »

Hi! I've come on here to read posts, but have never registered before. Decided to give it a go! Been a long-time fan, and I've seen Roger 4 times (although I do wish David would come to New England).

Nice to be here with you guys! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Welcome, folks 8)
Nighttripper
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Nighttripper »

Hi everyone! I'm Malcolm Boyle who created the one-man show The Madcap about Syd Barrett which toured the UK and has been performed at Glastonbury a few times.

I've also been developing a documentary about John "Hoppy" Hopkins who gave the Floyd their first significant gigs and plugged them right into the heart of psychedelic London.

I'm about to start a thread about that here, but I haven't joined just to spam the boards with projects I think you might like!

The Floyd and especially Syd's Floyd are probably the band that's been of most consistent significance to me since my childhood. From first encountering Atom Heart Mother and then Relics at age 9, I have lived a life marked by the Floyd, which is what drove me to create The Madcap.

Look forward to meeting you all.
Fingals Cave
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Fingals Cave »

I found this board last week while listening to a lot of their stuff and by googling a few Floyd topics and clicking links, and then read several of the threads and decided to join up. I rarely join online forums or post much while I'm on them but these look interesting and I reckon I'll have some fun with it.
I've been a fan of The Pink Floyd since I was a teenager and that's a scarily long time ago now. Still certain albums and tracks sound amazing, and always will now. That shows their enduring quality, innit?
Fingals Cave
Embryo
Embryo

about my monicker

Post by Fingals Cave »

Many years ago I was given Miles' "A Visual Documentary" about the Floyd and the discography listed a lot of bootlegs with some well strange track names. That was one of them.
Fingals Cave really exists, I was to find out. I was in Scotland a few years ago and in Oban harbour there are boats that go to all the surrounding islands. Fingals Cave? Wasn't that an old Floyd track? But I lacked the funds to get the boat.
Last year I was there again and this time I thought sod the expense, go there! It is on the island of Staffa and I recommend that anyone who gets the chance should go there. It's one of the strangest and weirdly beautiful places ever. I could tell you more but that would spoil it, wouldn't it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome to the forum. 8)