Pink Floyd '1965' double 7" Black Friday 2015

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
newspaperflyhunting
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Pink Floyd '1965' double 7" Black Friday 2015

Post by newspaperflyhunting »

I agree with danielcaux almost completely (I did wait for "The Endless River" and I like this album a lot).

"Meningitis, peritonitis" - pure genius! An inquisitive critic would see glimpses of "Music from the Body" here, I'm sure \:D/
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Bigmanpigman wrote:
just appeared on iTunes via http://fave.co/1NUyPiA
I love the fact that one can buy it for £4.99 on iTunes now, but I hope that it is not only iTunes in the UK. This makes it less of a limited release for sure. Perhaps this was the band's reaction to scalping that came with the vinyl version, at least I hope so. I also hope they will not frustrate international fans further by not making it digitally available outside of the UK.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Hadrian wrote:I also hope they will not frustrate international fans further by not making it digitally available outside of the UK.
Its 2016, if the product is out there but the band has not made it legally available to everyone, it's their own fault if people acquire it from non legal sources.

I am not advocating piracy, just stating that the band should be fully aware that this is the reality in 2016.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Maybe they will release it, in limited quantity, on the upcoming Record Store Day? After all, the point of such days is to release exclusive stuff.
but, of course, it'd be great to see a full-on release.
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:
Bigmanpigman wrote: Record 1, Side B: Remember Me (Barrett) 2:45
This track has the most un-Sydlike Syd vocal ever. With a throbbing keyboard motif running through the length of the song, Syd sings like an American blues or R&B vocalist, with only the end of lines dropping the accent a little for the real Syd to come through. One of the tracks which is far removed from what the band ended up doing a short while later.
And yet incredibly he's pre-dated Mr Gumby from Monty Python by a good few years! :lol: Can't unhear it now. <.8.>
My first reflex on hearing this song was "This isn't the Monks?" ... there's probably absolutely no connection between the two groups (outside of my head, anyway) ... but that song almost could've come right off of "Black Monk Time" ...
RobinsBright2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RobinsBright2 »

It was originally called Black Friday because so many people went out to shop that it caused traffic accidents and sometimes even violence.

No links until 10 or more posts - idz de rulz Draf.