Toronto gigs - The second hand market.

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Toronto gigs - The second hand market.

Post by moodyblue »

I'm in Montreal for a few weeks and noticed before I went that Gilmour is playing down the road in Toronto while I am here. The second hand market seems to have quite a few tickets on sale at reasonable prices to boot. In the UK, we have to access the concerts with the lead booker and am wondering if it is the same set up in North America? I simply do not trust a market that I am not familiar with in another country.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toronto gigs - The second hand market.

Post by twcc »

I cannot help with the 'lead booker' question ... however, I'm UK based and will soon be heading to Toronto for the show on 31 March ... post here if you get a ticket

<ii>

EDIT: too many repeats of the word 'soon'
Last edited by twcc on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I will be there too the 31... Flying 500 miles to see this!

I guess you can trust big sites like ''Stubhub''. It's pretty cheap compared to RAH lol.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Will do TWCC :smt023

It's a 314 mile (514km) trek from Montreal but if I can be guarenteed entry then the long drive wouldn't be a problem.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

I used WWS - world wide stubs last summer when I got Roger W. tix for the Newport Music Festival. They didn't announce him until all tix had been sold out. I paid almost 3 times face value. I think Stub Hub is more reasonable, especially closer to the show. Also sites like ticketmaster have resale tickets. I've used WWS & SH but not ticketmaster resale. Good Luck! Hope you get good seats!
Moefugger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Moefugger »

moodyblue wrote:I'm in Montreal for a few weeks and noticed before I went that Gilmour is playing down the road in Toronto while I am here. The second hand market seems to have quite a few tickets on sale at reasonable prices to boot. In the UK, we have to access the concerts with the lead booker and am wondering if it is the same set up in North America? I simply do not trust a market that I am not familiar with in another country.
Try Kijiji. I have bought a lot of stuff from Kijiji with great success. Kijiji is very simple to use, it's like eBay without the bidding
Moefugger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Moefugger »

Follix wrote:I will be there too the 31... Flying 500 miles to see this!

I guess you can trust big sites like ''Stubhub''. It's pretty cheap compared to RAH lol.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning, 3325km road trip from Alberta. Can't wait!!!!!!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Thanks for the advice. :D

My only concern is the 'lead booker must be present' bit when you enter the venue as this is the drill back in England. Not sure if it is the same in Canada?
Still very tempted and knowing others such as Moefugger are driving even further than me gives me even more incentive.
Moefugger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Moefugger »

Not sure what a lead booker is. Anyone can sell anything on Kijiji. Just the other day I sold my 5 Gilmour tickets for the 31st, bought two tickets for the 1st. The person I bought them from Is from Hamilton and said they would meet me in Toronto to exchange tix for cash.

There are scammers out there, just make sure tickets are hard copies when you buy from kijiji
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Moefugger wrote:Not sure what a lead booker is. Anyone can sell anything on Kijiji. Just the other day I sold my 5 Gilmour tickets for the 31st, bought two tickets for the 1st. The person I bought them from Is from Hamilton and said they would meet me in Toronto to exchange tix for cash.

There are scammers out there, just make sure tickets are hard copies when you buy from kijiji
In the UK for these concerts, if you buy four tickets for example, all of those people with those tickets must enter the arena at the same time with the person who actually bought the tickets. I don't think it is the same here. I take it from sites like Ticketzoom, Stub Hub, Vividseats etc that there is no problem?
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

I don't think anyone has truly answered moodyblue's question. I think what he is referring to is this - for Dave's UK gigs, and also , I believe, the other European gigs, the individual who purchased the tickets has to enter with photographic ID (ie a passport). In addition the holders of the other tickets have to enter with him/her. Therefore, if you buy a second hand ticket, you would need to be with the person who initially bought them.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Arrived in Toronto safe and sound, DG and crew arrived at the airport two hours ahead of me ... the show is tomorrow 8-pm so I guess after set-up they may also be doing the tourist thing

<ii>
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Bigmanpigman wrote:I don't think anyone has truly answered moodyblue's question. I think what he is referring to is this - for Dave's UK gigs, and also , I believe, the other European gigs, the individual who purchased the tickets has to enter with photographic ID (ie a passport). In addition the holders of the other tickets have to enter with him/her. Therefore, if you buy a second hand ticket, you would need to be with the person who initially bought them.
:smt023 You put it far better than me.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Bigmanpigman wrote:I don't think anyone has truly answered moodyblue's question. I think what he is referring to is this - for Dave's UK gigs, and also , I believe, the other European gigs, the individual who purchased the tickets has to enter with photographic ID (ie a passport). In addition the holders of the other tickets have to enter with him/her. Therefore, if you buy a second hand ticket, you would need to be with the person who initially bought them.
Yes, just to add a bit more to that.
I dont have the tickets for RAH yet so not sure what happens there but the tickets I have for mainland Europe have my name printed on each ticket so you can only get in with me once I prove I am me.
cheapfilm
Axe
Axe

Post by cheapfilm »

at the 3 LA concerts you didn't need ID to enter the show. Just to get the Fan Club type tickets from the box office.
The day of each show prices went way down on Stub hub for tickets..

I'm just arriving into Toronto now.. i can't wait for these two shows.