Please tell me....

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Please tell me....

Post by pffann »

Please tell me people get up and dance during David's shows! I've seen pix and clips and everyone is sitting. How can you sit while seeing Mr. Gilmour?? I've waited almost 30 years for this show & have no intention of sitting. In fact I'm hoping everyone rushes the stage - at least during the encore!!
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Please tell me....

Post by kjek1 »

You've got to be at the wind up mate?

You'd look like an absolute mug dancing to DG/PF music, maybe something like Rattle That Lock fair enough but anything else and you'd be roundly laughed at, and rightly so
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Maybe during Run Like Hell but otherwise I don't see the point... There is always a few people that will dance during Comfortably Numb solo as well.

If you watch Gdansk you will see people are stoics might be a sign that their mind is blown.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Sorry just can't sit through any PF or DG! If he were playing a tin can I'd be moving! Guess I'll be doing a lot of chair dancing!! Sorry for that image. Lol.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Seated and playing air drums/air guitar!
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

I have been to a few PF, RW & DG shows over the years.

There seems to be an unwritten rule book that when attending you sit quietly, appreciate the music and generally show as much decorum as possible.

It does however seem equally acceptable to dance, shout, cheer and run around in circles when, and only when, you hear the first openings to Run Like Hell !!
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

^ Pretty much that... I remember shots of people dancing during 2006 RAH Comfortably Numb solo they just look weird, drunk or very high.

I will tell you the 3 songs you can dance on during that tour: Rattle That Lock Today and off course Run Like Hell

All the rest you will look and idiot.
Bluenose
Axe
Axe

Post by Bluenose »

Follix wrote:^ Pretty much that... I remember shots of people dancing during 2006 RAH Comfortably Numb solo they just look weird, drunk or very high.

I will tell you the 3 songs you can dance on during that tour: Rattle That Lock Today and off course Run Like Hell

All the rest you will look and idiot.
I would just add that, having attended Brighton and the first night at RAH last year, it is mandatory to don a pair of Raybans for 'Run Like Hell' - partly to join in the fun and, more importantly, to protect your eyes from the blazing lights!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Silence in the studio! 8)

People who get up and dance in front of me will get a foot in the base of their skull! :shock:
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Bluenose wrote:...
I would just add that, having attended Brighton and the first night at RAH last year, it is mandatory to don a pair of Raybans for 'Run Like Hell' - partly to join in the fun and, more importantly, to protect your eyes from the blazing lights!
I agree with you on that one

:)
homeby5
Embryo
Embryo

Post by homeby5 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Silence in the studio! 8)

People who get up and dance in front of me will get a foot in the base of their skull! :shock:
Amen Brother!!

These are the same people that would stand up and sway during an opera. Nothing worse than some 60 year old shaking their flab in front of every other senior citizen trying to enjoy the show for what it is meant to be.... a musical experience to be absorbed while sitting (and yes....... maybe tripping). But definitely not to be experienced jumping around like an ape. Go to a rap concert for that.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote:Silence in the studio! 8)

Where's that feckin' "Like" button, Keef??!!??!!??
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Jeez why don't you all just hit me in the head with a nail gun?! Think it might hurt less. :cry: This is a bucket list concert for me - literally. After the bad news I got last week on my lab results I came home to Thank God I get to see Mr. Gilmour live. After I come home from Chicago I get to look forward to multiple medical tests & if really lucky multiple surgeries. So excuse me if I bounce up & down a few times seeing the best musician ever!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Pink Floyd or David Gilmour music IS NOT dance music. PERIOD!

The mere mention of it being 'dance music' or being 'danced to' is a gross insult.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Agreed ...

:-;