Toronto gigs - The second hand market.

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Moefugger
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Toronto gigs - The second hand market.

Post by Moefugger »

Ok i get it now.

Doesn't matter who bought the tickets, you will not be asked for ID or proof of purchase at the door.

I bought tickets through ticket master and my name is physically on the tickets. I sold the tickets to someone else. Through your ticket master account you can actually transfer your tickets to someone else. The guy I transferred my tickets to now has tickets with my name on them. I called ticket master just to confirm this guy will have zero issues even though my name is on them, ticket master said it doesn't matter.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Moefugger wrote:Ok i get it now.

Doesn't matter who bought the tickets, you will not be asked for ID or proof of purchase at the door.

I bought tickets through ticket master and my name is physically on the tickets. I sold the tickets to someone else. Through your ticket master account you can actually transfer your tickets to someone else. The guy I transferred my tickets to now has tickets with my name on them. I called ticket master just to confirm this guy will have zero issues even though my name is on t them, ticket master said it doesn't matter.
Excellent. I was kind of getting the vibe that the North American concerts did not require ID.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome to Toronto ... we have a wet day in prospect and snow is forecast at the weekend.

Not sure if Steven Tyler is here for the DG show but he was out and about at Niagara Falls yesterday in typical rock star attire including sox, sandals and a red fox fur scarf ... alas, no daughter in tow !!

:lol:
Moefugger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Moefugger »

Any idea what hotel David is staying at?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

PM sent
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

A great concert. Fairly standard set with the best audience reaction for Interstellar Overdrive, Fat Old Sun and the tracks from The Wall. I sensed a couple of missed cues but everything soon clicked just right. The second half and encore was much tighter than the first half. DG even did a little bit of a dance jig, twice, and displayed humour at one point when heckled from the front of the stalls. The voice held up just fine and was particularly good in the lower range.

Official T shirts were CAD 45 (pirate copies at the door were CAD 20), programmes available for USD or CAD 25 and signed books by Guy Pratt and Polly for CAD 20.

Well worth the trek from the UK.

<ii>
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Sounds brilliant.
There are so many tickets for re-sale that I am surprised. Too good to resist to be honest so tonight should be the night. :D
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

twcc wrote:A great concert. Fairly standard set with the best audience reaction for Interstellar Overdrive, Fat Old Sun and the tracks from The Wall. I sensed a couple of missed cues but everything soon clicked just right. The second half and encore was much tighter than the first half. DG even did a little bit of a dance jig, twice, and displayed humour at one point when heckled from the front of the stalls. The voice held up just fine and was particularly good in the lower range.

Official T shirts were CAD 45 (pirate copies at the door were CAD 20), programmes available for USD or CAD 25 and signed books by Guy Pratt and Polly for CAD 20.

Well worth the trek from the UK.

<ii>

intersteller overdrive <.8.> are you sure or were you spaced out :lol:
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I was there too and it was wonderful.. However my guitar highlights were Faces of Stone and Money... I don't even like those songs, I skip the first one all the time and I've heard the second one too much, but to me it was the best solos he did... Money was particularly amazing, best version I've ever heard.

Vocals were much better than my expectations but I must say that after 4 or 5 songs,I never recognized David's voice again... It's like if it wasn't him singing. A damn good voice but not his natural voice, maybe it's my ears, maybe it's the mic, maybe it's auto-tune...
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Superb concert and same set list as last night.
First time I have heard ' What Do You Want From Me' on this tour. Interesting to hear the difference from the 94 tour.
Dave did indeed do a little jig in a couple of places during songs when he wasn't playing. How very 'un Gilmour'!

Surprisingly just before the band walked on, Polly Samson walked past us with I assume one of their children towards the sound desk where she watched the first half of the show. A few people recognised her with subtle cries of 'Polly' but Dave's wife looked straight ahead either ignoring the fans or she was just focused on where she was going.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

everton1690 wrote: ...

intersteller overdrive <.8.> are you sure or were you spaced out :lol:
I must have been spaced out when I typed that, it should have read Astronomy Domine

Full set list here

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-gil ... 06773.html

<ii>