Get to see Brit Floyd

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
pffann
Axe
Axe

Get to see Brit Floyd

Post by pffann »

I finally get to see Brit Floyd in my hometown next month! <ii> I have been wanting to see this band forever but it's always been out of town & by the time I'd go online for tickets they would be far. I admit I am a seat snob :-; ! Anyway I got front row pit! Yes. Me & my DSOTM T-shirt will be rocking the night away to one of the best Floyd tribute bands!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Get to see Brit Floyd

Post by Hudini »

Front row may not be the best seating for Brit Floyd. Their recent shows utilize a smaller version of 'Pulse' stage setting, so it's best appreciated from a bit further away. I've seen them in November last year and was more than happy with what I've seen from the 25th row. :) Here's some pics:

pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Thanx for the pix. Awesome! Maybe that was why balcony tix were almost sold out! I'm just thrilled I'll finally get to see them & I heard they are doing echoes this time around! Plus it's a very friendly venue - if I want I can go stand in back by the floor entrance doors.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

pffann wrote:I'm just thrilled I'll finally get to see them & I heard they are doing echoes this time around!
Oh, nice! :D

They did quite a few rarely performed songs, including 'See Emily Play', 'The Final Cut' and 'Louder Than Words'. Either way, I have no doubt the show will be great! Have a good time!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Will be seeing them for the third time tomorrow night.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Could you do me a favor and let me know a bit of the setlist and about how long the show runs please. Someone told me they play for so long that there is an intermission. Enjoy the show!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Sure. When I saw them in November, the set list looked like this:

Set 1:
1. Speak to Me/Breathe
2. On the Run
3. Time/Breathe Reprise
4. The Great Gig in the Sky
5. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
6. See Emily Play
7. The Happiest Days of Our Lives/Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (extended version with two guitar solos)
8. Keep Talking
9. On the Turning Away (with extended solo)
10. Sheep

Set 2:
1. One of These Days
2. Louder Than Words
3. Money (extended version)
4. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (extended version with solos)
5. Have a Cigar (with extended solo)
6. Wish You Were Here
7. The Final Cut

Encore:
1. The Show Must Go On
2. In The Flesh
3. Comfortably Numb (with extended solo)
4. Run Like Hell (with extended middle part)

Each set was about an hour long with a 15 minute long intermission and a half an hour long encore. You can also find some set lists at setlist.fm, but they're not 100% accurate all the time.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

One perk last night was a performance of Echoes. I did however think they rushed into and through the spacey midsection. No real flow or development. A bit clumsy. Not convinced they have much of a handle on that particular aspect of the Floyd. Couldn't see them handling pieces like Axe, Saucerful, Overdrive, or the original version of Set the Controls. Otherwise...a quite good show. They are very faithful to the stuff they do play and very good at it.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

So sorry I never got back to you guys to thank you for the info! The show is only 10 days away - Yay! <ii> I e-mailed them for a meet & greet, hope to get it as I'm taking a friend for her B-day & she's not in the best of health. I really want her to enjoy this as she hasn't been to a concert in years & she and I have been floydians since high school! Again thanx for all the info :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

About the only Floyd tribute band that's any good and wow, have I seen some awful ones!
Trouble is, once you crack a formula for playing a certain setlist, it all becomes mainstream in Floyd land.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

moodyblue wrote:wow, have I seen some awful ones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45E7bYPAq9k :smt003
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Hudini wrote:
moodyblue wrote:wow, have I seen some awful ones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45E7bYPAq9k :smt003
Hilarious. :lol:
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

So the show was last night. All I can say is OMGG [-D-] They were just unbelievable! They must have done some work with Echoes because it sounded great! They opened the second half of the show with it. I actually got their set list & they were signing after the show at their merch table. All except Derek - their lead man. Only one draw back to being a foot from the stage was when the smoke started! It was like having 400 e-cigs blown in your face! :lol: A lot of people got up but I didn't care - wanted to soak up every minute. A day later & I'm still blown away. So Here's the set list I snagged - 1 Signs of Life 2. Learning to Fly 3. High Hopes 4. Shine On 5. Poles Apart 6. Us & Them 7.Brick in the Wall Pt 2 8. Pigs Then Intermission Came back with 9. Echoes 10. Yet Another Movie (I luved that) 11. Empty Spaces / Young Lust -I must admit that I got my jollys when they did young lust & I pictured a young Mr. Gilmour playing it <.8.> 12. One of these days 13. Time 14. Great Gig 15. Money 16. Comfortably numb They encored with Wish You Were Here And Run Like Hell. I have a new favorite band besides PF! Hope I get to see them again soon!!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

They must have done some work with Echoes because it sounded great!
Good to read. I did notice them kinda looking at each other at the point where I felt they had stumbled so maybe they knew it too. Otherwise, damn nice.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Got tickets for their show in London next month. Some headline called 'The immersion Tour'. What's that all about?