Please tell me....

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Re: Please tell me....

Post by raisemyrent »

It was more like that. A tall guy holding up his camera. Screwing it up for everyone behind him (he was at the front of our section, which had a slight incline too). People are more... Vocal in the states, but in this case it was warranted. There were some reduced mobility people too who had a hard time standing who were getting screwed by this. Anyways. Good show. Isn't it funny that the only song from on an island that makes the set list every time is the blue??
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I like The Blue even tho I prefer OAI.

But you know with the octave pedal, it's different than all the other stuff.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I think we can safely say that no one else plays guitar like that with an octave pedal.

Someone else mentioned this, but yeah, faces of stone and money solos were incredible live. I don't listen to the album version of either I guess but live it was incredible. We can add the blue to that list now.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Those 2 solos were my favorites from the show I went to but it's not necessarily the case every night.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

In Brighton the audience burst into applause during the second solo of Faces of Stone when he goes into the high notes, it was pretty spectacular.

The Blue has sublime guitar work. One of my favourites is Fat Old Sun, I love the way he rocks out to that since 2006
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

pffann wrote: And everyone will be happy to know that I'm in the Last Row of the section I'm in - absolutely nobody behind me - so even if I decide to stand the whole entire show I won't be blocking anyone, except maybe some sound equipment! <ii>
Perfect.

Oh and by the way, it is considered not only to be highly appropriate but also, it seems, mandatory for the folks in the back row to light off firecrackers during Wish You Were Here.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Everyone at the United Center stood - the whole show. I was supposed to be in the last row of my section but ticketmaster added more tix last minute so there were 4 rows added behind me. I will right an actual review when I get back home as I'm using the hotel comp & they charge by the minute!
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Follix wrote:The Beatles...did a lot of stupid songs that people love...
Words to live by.