Wroclaw Gig TV Broadcast

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Wroclaw Gig TV Broadcast

Post by azza200 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjHGE4NQK6A
watch it before PFM take it down
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

kjek1 wrote:
Follix wrote:Because it's not a Fender :lol:
I bet there's actually something to that!

I find Les Pauls slightly more awkward down below the 12th fret. Not enough to fuck up 5am night after night but still haha!

harr to say, eh? I'm not sure what duff notes are, I've always figured muffled notes, but what I did notice was that the smaller strings seemed fairly sharp. Hard to say if they were just out of tune, or harder to manage, or the fret location had something to do with it. This seems to happen to him often; I presume he has the resources to have that guitar in perfect working order... hard to believe it keeps being out of tune at the beginning of the show, or going out of tune by the time it starts. I also doubt that the guitar goes out of tune with the little plying/bending he does during the first bits of the song (due to no floyd rose or whatever). So likely, it's a combination of nerves and callout cold fingers? Maybe he should warm up on that guitar before the show!

ps great show. you could tell they were on. I'd be glad if this becomes the DVD, but I always feel that tours get better after a few nights, so I'd like it to be from one of the later shows (preferably one of the RAH ones that I'm attending lol). The new members of the band were spot on, and at least 1 of them (we were on periscope at the time having been unable to find the 2nd TVP stream) jazzed up girl in the yellow dress fairly well (it really needed it).
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Will there definitely be a DVD? In 2006 they announced the Albert hall shows would be filmed for DVD before the tour even started!

As for the bum notes. His guitar will be perfect, I think it's a combination of playing with little light and also the nerves of it being the first song in front of a new audience.

I was watching Sorrow and in spite of being prone to more errors than he used to make he's still an utterly sublime guitar player and plays with more emotion than anyone
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

[quote="kjek1"]Will there definitely be a DVD? In 2006 they announced the Albert hall shows would be filmed for DVD before the tour even started!

As for the bum notes. His guitar will be perfect, I think it's a combination of playing with little light and also the nerves of it being the first song in front of a new audience.

I was watching Sorrow and in spite of being prone to more errors than he used to make he's still an utterly sublime guitar player and plays with more emotion than anyone[.

I have a feeling that the Pompeii gig is the one for the DVD. It just has that feel of David leaving something special for the fans.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Also I think it's the first time he did justice to ''Any Tongue'' solo... The studio version is just so good but he did something really nice there.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Greg Phillinganes and Chester Kamen are allright.
A new breeze in the band.
I feared it wont be as good as Manzanerra and Carin, but it's not that bad... I didnt like Manzanerras second guitar playing anyway...

TOMORROW!!!!

<ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

I was lucky enough to be there.
Lovely summers evening. Had been 34 degrees during the day so very hotski.
We were standing next to that block of PA amps you can see on the set up film so pretty good view.
Started at 9.45 with a break around 11 for 15 minutes I guess.
Ended at 12.30.
He kept having to retune that Black Fender between songs and made a comment at one point "old guitar, dosen't stay in tune very well these days".
So I guess that could be part of the problem.
Great concert though, well worth the trip
philrock90
Embryo
Embryo

Post by philrock90 »

was there a second half for the tv showing? i've seen a pro shot clip of one of these days but i can only find the first half of the concert
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Yeah there was... It wasn't on the same channel and while the 1st part was HD, the second wasn't (at least when I watch it on a live stream)

The whole 2nd part was on Youtube 3 days ago, I guess it got put down since but pretty sure you will find if you look for it.