Dates at Circus Maximus, Rome

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Dates at Circus Maximus, Rome

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Circus Maximus, Rome
David Gilmour has just added a pair of shows - the first ever seated concerts - at the historic Circo Massimo (Circus Maximus) in Rome, Italy. The shows are part of the Postepay Rock in Roma festival. The concerts will take place on July 2nd and 3rd.

Tickets for Circus Maximus will be priced from €60 (subject to booking fees) and will go on sale on Thursday 7 April from www.davidgilmour.com at 10:00hrs CET. Please note tickets will be limited to 4 per person.

The Circus Maximus in Rome was built in the sixth century BC and was used as a race track for horse racing. Today it is a large public park, also used for concerts
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: Dates at Circus Maximus, Rome

Post by Follix »

60 euros sounds cheap!
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Imagine he added more dates in the UK and didn't force us all to traipse to London
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Sure..."Seated"...lol.I wonder if it will really work out that way and how long it will last...I hope it works out because I have 2nd row right side (about 25 seats from center) and am bringing my 2 daughters that are both under 9...of it doesn't I'll just toss them on my shoulder and make my way to the center. Lol. First time seeing David but I'm caught Roger a couple times (last one was London for the Dark Side tour (yikes...9 years ago already).
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Sure..."Seated"...lol.I wonder if it will really work out that way and how long it will last...I hope it works out because I have 2nd row right side (about 25 seats from center) and am bringing my 2 daughters that are both under 9...of it doesn't I'll just toss them on my shoulder and make my way to the center. Lol. First time seeing David but I'm caught Roger a couple times (last one was London for the Dark Side tour (yikes...9 years ago already).
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

€60 sounds cheap...just as long as you grab tickets the moment they go on sale and are willing to accept the "nose bleed" seats. I think front section went up to €140
..and 3rd party/resellers bring that up by quite a bit. I live in Switzerland and couldn't commit to a trip to Rome when tickets went on sale. By time the reseller website added on fees and taxes I tossed €200 a pop into it... and that's for pretty decent seating but not the best. Either way...still looking forward to it & seeing how my daughters take to the light show.
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

€60 sounds cheap...just as long as you grab tickets the moment they go on sale and are willing to accept the "nose bleed" seats. I think front section went up to €140
..and 3rd party/resellers bring that up by quite a bit. I live in Switzerland and couldn't commit to a trip to Rome when tickets went on sale. By time the reseller website added on fees and taxes I tossed €200 a pop into it... and that's for pretty decent seating but not the best. Either way...still looking forward to it & seeing how my daughters take to the light show.
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Tonight's the night. Looking forward to seeing DG in Rome. Saw them setting 2 days ago...was just on Pompeii yesterday but saw no preparations but perhaps it's still a bit early (or maybe I didn't pass the correct area). Oh well. 12 hours from now I'll be roaming the venue & buying t-shirts...13 hours til the music starts...of course the time will pass quick with a full day touring Rome.