Mary Harris (Ambrosia) - what's her stake in Pink Floyd

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Mary Harris (Ambrosia) - what's her stake in Pink Floyd

Post by Peter Harold »

When it comes to the circle of my closest friend, I can agree on the saying that "the stuff I don't know about Pink Floyd is not worth knowing". But that is only compared to my friends limited obsession about this band...

Well, here is a thing I didn't knew before: Mary Harris of Ambrosia has according to Wikipedia recorded with Pink Floyd. But there is no lightbulb over my head. At least it doesn't shine. Please, can someone enlughten me were I can hear Mrs Mary Harris on any Pink Floyd record? My googling past hour hasn't sent any fish in my net.

Shine on,
Peter

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Harris_(musician)
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Mary Harris (Ambrosia) - what's her stake in Pink Floyd

Post by jtull »

I googled a little bit myself and the few sites mentioned she recorded with Pink Floyd. But I too, can't find anything concrete. One site have a interview with Mary Harris husband, and he said this:
"When my wife and I found each other and got married, she was touring with Jimmy Buffett and flying around doing background sessions for Pink Floyd in "Animal Logic".

What does that mean!?

But sure there is some connection between Ambrosia and Pink Floyd. Ambrosia's self titled debut was mixed by Alan Parsons, and their follow up album "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" was produced and engineered by Alan Parsons too. Furthemore, James Guthrie produced and engineered Ambrosia's fifth album "Road Island".
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

If I remember my fast reading, "Animal Logic" was a band. But then the connection to Pink Floyd is out of my knowledge.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I could not find anything specific either, so I just sent her an e-mail and asked her. I'll let you know if and when I get a response.

I must have seen her performing with The Coral Reefer Band because it appears that she toured with them in '90-'91, and that's when I saw Jimmy Buffet live.
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

Massed Gadgets wrote:I could not find anything specific either, so I just sent her an e-mail and asked her. I'll let you know if and when I get a response.

I must have seen her performing with The Coral Reefer Band because it appears that she toured with them in '90-'91, and that's when I saw Jimmy Buffet live.
Thank you, that would be very interesting. :-)
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Massed Gadgets wrote:so I just sent her an e-mail and asked her. I'll let you know if and when I get a response.
Did you get a response as yet Massed Gadgets?
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

No, unfortunately, no response.
Jonbob9876
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jonbob9876 »

I actually just talked to her after an Ambrosia concert. She said that she sang backup in 1982 for a couple of live videos.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Jonbob9876 wrote:I actually just talked to her after an Ambrosia concert. She said that she sang backup in 1982 for a couple of live videos.
Pink Floyd/Columbo crossover.
1982 Pink Floyd live videos. So between the making of The Wall movie and The Final Cut they released some live videos that sank without trace? <.8.>