10 years since the NPF Marathon gigs

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

10 years since the NPF Marathon gigs

Post by db_intheflesh »

Hello all

I don't remember the last time I was here - life got in the way and forums became less of a priority for me. It's only really a couple of years ago that I got back into playing music with a band.

Anyway, being a sucker for anniversaries, I thought I'd stop by to celebrate 10 years since the mighty Neptune Pink Floyd Marathon in Glasgow. I played in an acoustic duo, Two Lost Souls, performing the Wish You Were Here album, and still remember most of the great music everyone contributed that day, even though we didn't actually manage to record much footage from it.

Many others still around who were there?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: 10 years since the NPF Marathon gigs

Post by simpledumbpilot »

db_intheflesh wrote:Hello all

I don't remember the last time I was here - life got in the way and forums became less of a priority for me. It's only really a couple of years ago that I got back into playing music with a band.

Anyway, being a sucker for anniversaries, I thought I'd stop by to celebrate 10 years since the mighty Neptune Pink Floyd Marathon in Glasgow. I played in an acoustic duo, Two Lost Souls, performing the Wish You Were Here album, and still remember most of the great music everyone contributed that day, even though we didn't actually manage to record much footage from it.

Many others still around who were there?
Hi David, I thought the band that you did Eugene with were fantastic haha ;) I've literally just started poking my head into the forum again, I think I prefer this style of "social networking" (I hate that phrase) to FB etc. I'm not sure if there's many other participants from Glasgow still about, my breakfast and Public Image still post occasionally from what I can gather though. It was quite a stressful day and night up in Glasgow thats for sure but everyone did great! Loved the way you and your friend worked out the whole of WYWH, I don't think the video footage ever got sorted out properly. Really should try and look into that at some point. I had toyed with doing another marathon this year to mark the 10 years but I have considerably less hair these days and want to hang on to what I've got left ;)
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Re: 10 years since the NPF Marathon gigs

Post by db_intheflesh »

Stu! Great to hear from you again.

Shows you just how long 10 years is - I had entirely forgotten I joined you guys on Eugene! Although it did just remind me the reason for me joining you last minute, and that I nearly ended up on a 3-piece non-acoustic Welcome to the Machine. Glad we managed to stick to the fully acoustic set.

I always regret not spending enough time meeting everyone who travelled to be there, especially the effort you put into it.

I edited my camcorder footage a few years back but it's not brilliant - if you've any other angles I'm always up for cutting a new edit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEsAZkC4m8