Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

Post by azza200 »

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

Roger Waters will return to North America in 2017 with a pioneering new tour, US + Them. Tickets go on sale Friday, October 21.

"It'll be a mixture of stuff from my long career, stuff from my years with Pink Floyd, some new things. Probably 75% of it will be old material and 25% will be new, but it will be all connected by a general theme. It will be a cool show, I promise you. It'll be spectacular like all my shows have been.”
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: 2017 tour

Post by kjek1 »

Hope the set list for it is different to his Desert Trip set, more Roger-centric songs.

Nice to see him give the USA a tour first, turncoat!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

yawn. still tired. got this sent to me earlier. can't say I'm over myself, but he's coming to my city, so I can't say that I'm doing anything better on that night either.
new as in never played on a tour, or new as in new?
interesting comments. what's 25% of a show, half an hour? that's almost an album but not quite eh

I clued into it in London in between Gilmour shows; he's brought a lot of the production that made Floyd famous, albeit scaled down, but he didn't do quad sound like Roger still does.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Very excited. Roger dominated Desert Trip with the LA Times calling it the best show they've ever seen.

These concerts are a serious notch up on Gilmour's tour. Great news.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I feel the same way than raisemyrent... He comes in my city as well and I am not overly excited but I might be there, who knows...
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

As someone who's actually seen Waters and Gilmour live and is qualified to pass judgement, Roger really needs to up the ante, it's great have fancy stages, effects and political messages, but I'd like to hear more live music from him. Otherwise I can see the Aussie Floyd for a fraction of the cost
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I feel the same way but Roger's fan are utterly excited atm, so I might not get something I don't know.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Great news I hope he brings it to the Europe. 8)
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

kjek1 wrote:Otherwise I can see the Aussie Floyd for a fraction of the cost

Wow, this is insane. Waters is the co-founder and chief songwriter for Pink Floyd.
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Only Roger would say a thing like 'It'll be spectacular like all my shows have been'.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Flathead wrote:

Wow, this is insane. Waters is the co-founder and chief songwriter for Pink Floyd.

Yes and? If similar actors were to do a theater piece, would we care about the piece author being behind the scene in a case and not in another?

I mean Waters got a very limited role in his own show, at equal price I would go see him first but for 3 times less, I am not sure... I've seen Waters, I've seen Gilmour but if I closed my eyes I can tell you Aussie Floyd was even closer to the real thing, the sax solo on Us and Them gave me a ton of chills.

Aussie/Brit Floyd guys master Floyd catalogue more than anybody in Roger's or David's band.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:

Yeah but he doesn't do an awful lot up on that stage does he? Hearing a few bass lines isn't going to give me chills, especially after witnessing 3 masterclasses in musicianship from Gilmour, which as a musician myself, I greatly appreciated
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Flathead wrote:

was
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... ur-w444785

New interview. So basically the play about the babysitting Irish Grandfather and his Grandson has been shelved and will appear as a separate Radio play.
And some of his songs are about love! :shock:
Although his comments about coming up with the titles for the discs in the box set are quite funny!
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

azza200 wrote:
was

No one cares about the post-Waters albums, lol. Trending on Facebook is "Pink Floyd". You click it, and get Waters. that's reality.