Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

Post by kjek1 »

azza200 wrote:
historic because he is friends with the promoter behind these concerts and is getting paid alot of money for performing at OldChella
Of course. The man who toured a Wall production with derogatory messages about Capitalism, playing a festival almost exclusively for well to do people.

Let's be honest if they could have had Gilmour they'd have taken him instead, so would McCartney mwuhahaha
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

kjek1 wrote:
azza200 wrote:
historic because he is friends with the promoter behind these concerts and is getting paid alot of money for performing at OldChella
Of course. The man who toured a Wall production with derogatory messages about Capitalism, playing a festival almost exclusively for well to do people.

Let's be honest if they could have had Gilmour they'd have taken him instead, so would McCartney mwuhahaha
David would most likely give his fee to a charity if he did play but i don't think he is not bothered about playing at oldchella as he is back in the studio working on his next album.

@ Flathead heres a question for you. What did you think of David's performances of Echoes from 2006??
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Loved them! But overall David has gone down the easy listening/muzak route.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:Loved them! But overall David has gone down the easy listening/muzak route.
How would you describe Rogers route?

The rehashing past glories and not performing fully live route?
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

I'd call it "my new music has sucked, and I realize it" route.

But now, after all these years, Roger has again found someone to tell him "no" in Nigel Godrich for his new album.

Very exciting.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:I'd call it "my new music has sucked, and I realize it" route.

But now, after all these years, Roger has again found someone to tell him "no" in Nigel Godrich for his new album.

Very exciting.
Do you realise Roger still has to write the music? I've seen no evidence he still has that in him so a new producer means the square root of fuck all to me
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Yeah but you act live if there was something special about seeing Roger live, really there isn't it's all emotions but rationally nothing much more than a big cover band.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

Tickets on sale tomorrow. It'll be nice to see Roger once, but I'm going to have to wear my Gilmour shirt or I'll feel unfaithful. Funny, I dragged myself all over the US and Europe for Gilmour with no trouble, but struggled to decide to buy one seat to one show right down the road for Roger.

Hopefully he will keep Fearless and Dogs in his setlist. It'll be good to see him.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i hear the prices for this tour are ridiculous $200 $275 for floor seating & VIP Packages around from $800
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Imagine how expensive it would be if there was a reunion tour with Gilmour...

But yeah quite expensive for what I call a cover band.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Follix wrote:^ My problem is that Roger is coming at my city with his new tour next year (David didn't)
So for that one night put all of your objections to one side and go and see the bloke who had a hand in writing and recording some of the best music ever made. Yes he will have a surrogate band with him, yes he will only strum along on a couple of tracks, yes he will probably sing along with a vocal track but this is Rog HE was in Pink Floyd the 'Creative Geniuses' who sound tracked my youth and adult life and like every other Floyd and solo tour since 1974 i'll pay my money and get to where ever in the world they are playing as it is very unlikely that they will play my city any time soon.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I've seen The Wall live I enjoyed the theater part of it, in fact the quality of sound was exceptional this specific show was outside and during the helicopter bits everybody thought it was a real helicopter passing over their head. Incredibly realistic, never heard anything close.

But music for music, it did sound like the original album with somebody else singing and playing Gilmour's part... I've had more emotion during Faces of Stone live solo than the whole Wall show.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

So the official price range for the Montreal show is $67-$262 yet Floor tickets are going for $600.

Chicago prices.

Lower Level Seating (100 Level)
US $150.00 - US $250.00
US $150.00
US $250.00

Main Floor Seating
US $250.00
US $250.00

Club Level Seating (200 Level)
US $150.00
US $150.00

Upper Level Seating (300 Level)
US $55.00 - US $85.00
US $55.00
US $85.00
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

Hi sorry if this is in the middle of any on going chats but i havent been around for a while and have a question. This to has probably had the arse torn out of it but. Is there any news on a UK tour. ?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Nothing announced regarding a UK/European tour expect that in 2018