Double Core II

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Double Core II

Post by mosespa »

What say we celebrate the upcoming 10 year anniversary of Double Core by doing another forum-wide album?

Below is a list of song titles which have been being passed around the internet as a "new Pink Floyd album." So far as can be ascertained, the songs do not actually exist.

The goal is for us to change that and create them in as much of a Pink Floyd style as people with home-recording equipment (some of which is rather high tech these days,) can do.

One of the songs ("The Starlight") has already been spoken for by Massed Gadgets...and I will speak for "Every Cloud."

All of the rest are available; here's how this works:

Pick a song title and post the title underneath this post.

Go write and record your song by that title.

Do not master it. Simply mix it down.

Send it to me to be incorporated into the larger structure. (I will provide a mailing address as the as-yet-unchosen submission deadline nears. I have an annoying tendency to move frequently, so I'll wait and make sure that I'm going to be someplace long enough to collect everything before we go sending stuff in the post.)

Here are the song titles still up for grabs:

Every Clouc

Playing For Keeps (Part One) (Music still open)

It's Not You

Playing For Keeps (Part Two)

Eight

NOTE: The two parts of "Playing For Keeps" need not be by the same act, nor do they necessarily need to sound like each other. However, if the two acts wish to collaborate with each other, that would be up to them.

If you'd like to participate, but aren't a musician, there will be opportunities for people to take photographs for the booklet and for someone to design the booklet.

If anyone has any other questions, you can pm me.

I remember the creation of Double Core as a very exciting time...let's go for that again!

Here's the original document for anyone who may want to use it's "information" as a guide post.

Songs Presently Assigned:

The Starlight--Massed Gadgets

Thursday--Jimi Dean Barrett

Awaken Trembling--Hudini and Phantom Turnip

'Til The End--cwta eugene

Playing For Keeps Part One (FreeFour--words, music still open)

Under--Odins_Echoes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Double Core II

Post by Massed Gadgets »

mosespa wrote:Send it to me to be incorporated into the larger structure. (I will provide a mailing address as the as-yet-unchosen submission deadline nears. I have an annoying tendency to move frequently, so I'll wait and make sure that I'm going to be someplace long enough to collect everything before we go sending stuff in the post.
If you're moving frequently, maybe we want to consider using a file sharing service like Dropbox? It's free and it's what I and my other musician friends all use to transfer files. It would eliminate the need for posting and if you move, it won't be affected by that.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've got a dropbox account; I'll keep that in mind! 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I haven't been doing any music for years now, but I do have some lyrical ideas I'd like to try to shape into something that would fit under the 'Awaken Trembling' title. Is it OK for me to have a go at that and then just post the lyrics for someone to put to music?
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Hudini wrote:I haven't been doing any music for years now, but I do have some lyrical ideas I'd like to try to shape into something that would fit under the 'Awaken Trembling' title. Is it OK for me to have a go at that and then just post the lyrics for someone to put to music?
I know I'm not a longtime member here, and I'm not the greatest musician out there, but I do record my own material from time to time. If you put out some lyrics for "Awaken Trembling", I could give the music a shot. The only thing I don't do is guitar, but as a keyboardist I have no greater influence than Rick Wright.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hudini wrote:I haven't been doing any music for years now, but I do have some lyrical ideas I'd like to try to shape into something that would fit under the 'Awaken Trembling' title. Is it OK for me to have a go at that and then just post the lyrics for someone to put to music?
If I remember correctly, Double Core pretty much took it's first steps forward when cwta_eugene posted some lyrics for "No Heaven and No Hell," which Patrik Arvidsson then put music to...so, yes! Absolutely!

I'll even refrain from offering to be the person to put music to it. ;)

But really, that's just because:
Phantom Turnip wrote:I know I'm not a longtime member here, and I'm not the greatest musician out there, but I do record my own material from time to time. If you put out some lyrics for "Awaken Trembling", I could give the music a shot. The only thing I don't do is guitar, but as a keyboardist I have no greater influence than Rick Wright.
I'd be happy to put some guitar down, if that works for you.
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

I'm not imposing on the project by offering to help, am I? I am rather new around here. But I'd be more than happy to whip up a keyboard-based backing track for you to play guitar over once the lyrics are written.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

No imposition at all. You're a forum member, you're welcome to participate! :D
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Cool. :D Once Hudini gets some lyrics whipped up for "Awaken Trembling", I'll get to work on the music for it.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Already working on it. Don't expect it to be all shiny and happy though. :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

This is an attempt to create a faux-Pink Floyd album; it'd better NOT be shiny and happy. :P
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Oh please, depressing and moody is my game! I've had a friend describe my music as instrumental Broken China without the guitar work!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

<ii>

I'll take the music and lyrics to "Til The End".
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Noted! :D
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I have words, but I put together the chords for "Thursday". The only instrument I have is an acoustic Bass.
It sounded weird at first but it soon sounded natural and pleasant.
Singing is the hardest part. Playing the Dogs-ish rhythm and singing along.
Typing it all out I see I can fuse it with One Of These Days. You will not be getting a song that is just a copy of two songs put together.
I'll try and get it down by Saturday night, or at least by Monday.
The time is non-negotiable and part of the challenge! So there's another hurdle!