Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

Post by drafsack »

milesalbert1 wrote:Hi sorry if this is in the middle of any on going chats but i havent been around for a while and have a question. This to has probably had the arse torn out of it but. Is there any news on a UK tour. ?
He usually tours Europe in May or June and as 2017 is pretty much taken up with a US tour it will probably be May/June 18. it will give you time to sane up!!
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

drafsack wrote:
milesalbert1 wrote:Hi sorry if this is in the middle of any on going chats but i havent been around for a while and have a question. This to has probably had the arse torn out of it but. Is there any news on a UK tour. ?
He usually tours Europe in May or June and as 2017 is pretty much taken up with a US tour it will probably be May/June 18. it will give you time to sane up!!

Cheers
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

A guy just won 2 tickets on my local radio station by guessing a PF song... High Hopes :lol:
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Follix wrote:A guy just won 2 tickets on my local radio station by guessing a PF song... High Hopes :lol:
Ah, to be a Fly on the wall to see Roger's face over that! :lol:
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Maybe Roger was 'lost for words' ... :-;
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Follix wrote:A guy just won 2 tickets on my local radio station by guessing a PF song... High Hopes :lol:
:lol: :lol: He's gonna re-name the tour 'Me and Them' .
nuraman00
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nuraman00 »

That's pretty cool that he guessed a lesser known song.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

So what if the answer was High Hopes does it matter? The guy knew the answer and won tickets too see Roger he is prob a fan of all era's of Floyd unlike some people on here.

High Hopes is a popular well known song
Hammer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hammer »

I agree with azza200.
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

I ended up going solo as my wife didn't want to see the surrogate band. My impression of the show was that I didn't need to go especially since I saw gilmour last year which was the far better concert vs event. I understand people go to see the show and to sing along and that's how the bread gets buttered but that's tragic considering the quality of Rogers latest work which I find to be terrific. Oh well it's most likely the last time I will see him "perform" and I did get fantastic seats that were released and reduced significantly but really it was a literal victory lap for mr waters who pranced about stage and pressed the flesh with the crowd at the end. i actually was bored for some of it
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

mojoman wrote:I ended up going solo as my wife didn't want to see the surrogate band. My impression of the show was that I didn't need to go especially since I saw gilmour last year which was the far better concert vs event. I understand people go to see the show and to sing along and that's how the bread gets buttered but that's tragic considering the quality of Rogers latest work which I find to be terrific. Oh well it's most likely the last time I will see him "perform" and I did get fantastic seats that were released and reduced significantly but really it was a literal victory lap for mr waters who pranced about stage and pressed the flesh with the crowd at the end. i actually was bored for some of it
that's the exact feeling I have got 3 times so far. I've seen Gilmour (including the tremor inducing last performance at the RAH) 7 times since I last saw Roger (wall tour), so we're even less interested this time. we're going because why not. took me ages to buy tickets. Mostly to see the lights. While I expect to be bored and going to the washroom a lot, this is the least worst music I rather be bored to for a big show in town... that's the way I look at it.
on a separate note, the Mrs. actually vetoed seeing the current incarnation of Yes live. I wanted to go for roughly the same reasons noted above (we've seen ARW and I saw Yes without wakeman years and years ago), but she outright said no way. Shouldn't have shown her the atrocious youtube footage of the current band. anyways, completely off topic.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Back from his Quebec City show...

I think the only song I really enjoyed was ''Welcome to the Machine'', I mean that was just gorgeous.

Other high points: ''ABITW'' (yeah I know...), End of ''Dogs'' and ''Pigs''...

The guitarist was very skilled, but he sounded more like Kirk Hammet than David Gilmour, I get he wants to make it his own but beside for Animals there was way too much treble in his tone.