U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour

Post by moodyblue »

Seems many bands are now embarking on a 'play the whole album tour' returning to their past classics
Was trying to figure out who actually set this trend.
Yes we all know PF played the whole of DSOTM on the Division Bell tour but it wasn't a headlining tour with that album in mind.
The Cult have played 'Love' in full
OMD have played Architecture And Morality together with Dazzle Ships
Springsteen started doing full albums a couple of tours ago only to return last year with 'The River Tour'
Yes have been doing this for a few years now playing different albums in their entirety.
10cc weighed in with the whole of Sheet Music.
Manic Street Preachers gave us 'Everything Must go' in full.
Peter Gabriel played the whole of 'So' a year or so back.

Pretty sure there are many more so now we have a very unexpected announcement by U2 that they will be touring this year and playing the whole of the Joshua Tree in full.
I saw this tour in 1987 and they never played the whole thing. I believe Red Hill Mining Town was never played live at all.

Is anyone else a fan of these tours?

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour

Post by twcc »

^^^
Don't forget Rick Wakeman and his solo tours
milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

Steven Wilson has just played all of the Hand Cannot erase album on the tour and boy was it brilliant.
I Would love to go to twickenham and first saw U2 on the War tour. Any presale advice would be greatly appreciated.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Join U2.com for presales tickets. It costs $50 and you'll get your hands on tickets before the public. Pre sales stop tomorrow at 5pm I believe.

milesalbert1
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert1 »

Blimey i have to pay to enter a presale. ](*,) <.8.> Will try my luck when they go on general sale on Monday
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Flaming lips often play the whole of the soft bulletin and they alter the running order to suit if they are playing in the US or Europe as the US version and the European versions have a different running order
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Metallica have also played several of their albums in full the Black Album, Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lighting, Kill em All
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

milesalbert1 wrote:Blimey i have to pay to enter a presale. ](*,) <.8.> Will try my luck when they go on general sale on Monday
This has been the trend (again) for a few years now where you pay to become some kind of member which enables you to get in on the presales.
I personally did it to get Police tickets years ago and I have done it this time with U2.
I think us fans are being taken to the cleaners by these ticket organisations and the bands are in on it too.
henno

Post by henno »

drafsack wrote:Flaming lips often play the whole of the soft bulletin and they alter the running order to suit if they are playing in the US or Europe as the US version and the European versions have a different running order
i would KILL to see that live !!!!

the soft bulletin is one of my most fav albums ever
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

milesalbert1 wrote:Steven Wilson has just played all of the Hand Cannot erase album on the tour and boy was it brilliant.
That was a brilliant show indeed, although you can't really say he was returning to a past classic, as that was his newest album.

I've seen the 20th anniversary tours The Tea Party did for Edges of Twilight and Transmission, and I loved those. I also saw Yes doing Close to the Edge/The Yes Album/Going For the One which I enjoyed too. I like that bands are doing this, because they're playing more of the deep cuts and obscure songs, many of which I love, instead of just 'the hits'.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Anyone seen this tour yet that's been creeping across the States and is now in Europe?

I got to see the Twickenham show on Sunday night and was frankly blown away at times.
The stage screen was fabulous and mesmerizing at times.
They'd never played this album in order before neither had they played certain tracks since that tour.
I was SOOO into this album when it first came out but in recent years, I have not listened to it at all.
Standing there from the first chords of 'Where The Streets Have No Name' took me straight back to 1987 and Wembley stadium and wow what a journey it was for 45-50 minutes or so.
It's funny how as the years go by, certain songs mean more than they ever did at the time when you first heard them.
This was a magical period for U2, their most creative and inspired throughout their musical journey and I can only hope they return with more shows and extend this tour. Somehow I doubt it though!

PS : If you're reading this Ultraviolet, let me know what you thought. :D