BUYING AUTHENTIC ALBUMS AND POSTERS

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
92phantom
Embryo
Embryo

BUYING AUTHENTIC ALBUMS AND POSTERS

Post by 92phantom »

Hi All,

I am looking for some assistance. I want to buy my son a present worth having by Pink Floyd from his birthday year - circa March 1977 - he's rapidly approaching 40! I think that, probably, the Animals album is going to be closest - was it produced at the beginning of '77? My question is, what should I be looking for, how do I know that what I buy is original and authentic. I see a large price range. Should an album and it's cover be in Mint condition to be valuable as a collector's item? Must it be 1st press? I would be grateful for any advice you can give me. Also, should I consider an original poster produced at that time - they appear to be a lot more expensive, presumably they are more sought after and collectable?

In anticipation, thank you for your help. Best wishes, regards Richard
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BUYING AUTHENTIC ALBUMS AND POSTERS

Post by twcc »

^^^
Assuming that you are UK based (although the link below is to a seller that ships globally) -

http://eil.com/fulltext/search.asp?sear ... prodtype=1

A quick check indicates 1977 items are in short supply

:(
Mymloch
Axe
Axe

Post by Mymloch »

I can only speak for myself, of course, but to a fan, condition is only marginally important. Obviously, there is a line to draw, but I think for super-fans like those of us on these forums, we will treasure something for it's subjective value. Most fans wouldn't acquire things with the intent to sell it later, but rather as having a piece of the band's history that has become so interwoven into themselves.
MaisieLeach
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MaisieLeach »

Mymloch wrote:I can only speak for myself, of course, but to a fan, condition is only marginally important. Obviously, there is a line to draw, but I think for super-fans like those of us on these forums, video slots online games are usually very simply built and this is why they can be enjoyed by anyone without having much knowledge about the games we will treasure something for it's subjective value. Most fans wouldn't acquire things with the intent to sell it later, but rather as having a piece of the band's history that has become so interwoven into themselves.
Overall good thoughts :)
erikahenry
Embryo
Embryo

Post by erikahenry »

Oh, I really like to collect different vinyl records. This sound is really amazing and you are a big lucky