Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 »

Wolfpack wrote:
kjek1 wrote:Forgetting words through nerves and being shit at singing, heck of a comparison there.
And once again, the Holy Gilmour is right! :lol:

Even though he's a veteran professional, he can still let the nerves get the better of him?
Maybe you can make something up to blame Waters for making him oh so nervous?
Otherwise it might look like Gilmour didn't rehearse good enough for this show...

Forgetting words isn't being bad at singing?
Only if your name is David Gilmour! :lol:
You're a simpleton
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:You're a simpleton
When you say that, I guess it's a compliment. 8)
You're using invectives and sobriquets when the discussion gets too difficult for you. :lol:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Wolfpack wrote:
When you say that, I guess it's a compliment. 8)
You're using invectives and sobriquets when the discussion gets too difficult for you. :lol:
Discussion gets too difficult? It would be easy to shoot your shitty post apart but you're not worth the time.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Gilmour at the O2 was kind of bad but I doubt they rehearsed 2 full days before the event.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Follix wrote:Gilmour at the O2 was kind of bad but I doubt they rehearsed 2 full days before the event.
It's the worst I've seen him play the song ever. Very rusty.

He forgot the words to on an island early on in 2006 at the Albert Hall and was visibly very nervous during the first handful of songs . According to Forrest Gump over there that's the same as having a crap singing voice
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Follix wrote:Gilmour at the O2 was kind of bad but I doubt they rehearsed 2 full days before the event.
In case you're refering to Live 8, those were rehearsals of an entire band that was practically retired for 10 years.
At O2, Waters's band was fully rehearsed. Apparently, only Gilmour wasn't.
Losing your voice, a health problem which might only get worse when rehearsing, is different from forgetting lyrics.
kjek1 wrote:It's the worst I've seen him play the song ever. Very rusty.
Very rusty, because Gilmour didn't rehearse the song good enough.
kjek1 wrote:He forgot the words to on an island early on in 2006 at the Albert Hall and was visibly very nervous during the first handful of songs . According to Forrest Gump over there that's the same as having a crap singing voice
Forgetting words is far much worser than having health problems with the voice.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Wolfpack wrote:
In case you're refering to Live 8, those were rehearsals of an entire band that was practically retired for 10 years.
At O2, Waters's band was fully rehearsed. Apparently, only Gilmour wasn't.
Losing your voice, a health problem which might only get worse when rehearsing, is different from forgetting lyrics.
kjek1 wrote:It's the worst I've seen him play the song ever. Very rusty.
Very rusty, because Gilmour didn't rehearse the song good enough.
kjek1 wrote:He forgot the words to on an island early on in 2006 at the Albert Hall and was visibly very nervous during the first handful of songs . According to Forrest Gump over there that's the same as having a crap singing voice
Forgetting words is far much worser than having health problems with the voice.
He didn't forget the words though did he, simply muddied up the verses

Health problems? Maybe Roger should leave the singing to people who can do it then. How going and sounding like a dying cat is worse than muddling up a verse I'll never know.

You're probably in the same camp as the others in having broad opinions from narrow experiences, ie I'd guess you can't play music yourself. Do you think Dave wasn't rehearsed enough at the aforementioned Albert Hall gig at the tail end of an entire tour?
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:He didn't forget the words though did he, simply muddied up the verses
Gilmour forgot the words. He didn't know which verse to sing.
kjek1 wrote:Health problems? Maybe Roger should leave the singing to people who can do it then.
I guess you'd be much happier if the Live8 reunion didn't happen?

What's the problem? If you don't like Waters's work, go for artists you do like.
If it irks you that Waters the "dying cat" recently had an enormous success with his The Wall tours, then simply don't visit those concerts.
Should Waters quit because a certain keyboard warrior Kjek1 can't stand him making new albums and being onstage?
Go listen to your Gilmour albums. And if Waters's presence in Pink Floyd annoys you, then only listen to Gilmour's Floyd.
kjek1 wrote:Do you think Dave wasn't rehearsed enough at the aforementioned Albert Hall gig at the tail end of an entire tour?
Even after rehearsing, Gilmour can't remember lyrics?
And there's no way to have a peek at them onstage?
How amateurish. :lol:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Wolfpack wrote:
kjek1 wrote:He didn't forget the words though did he, simply muddied up the verses
kjek1 wrote:Health problems? Maybe Roger should leave the singing to people who can do it then.

What's the problem? If you don't like Waters's work, go for artists you do like.
If it irks you that Waters the "dying cat" recently had an enormous success with his The Wall tours, then simply don't visit those concerts.
Should Waters quit because a certain keyboard warrior Kjek1 can't stand him making new albums and being onstage?
Go listen to your Gilmour albums. And if Waters's presence in Pink Floyd annoys you, then only listen to Gilmour's Floyd.
kjek1 wrote:Do you think Dave wasn't rehearsed enough at the aforementioned Albert Hall gig at the tail end of an entire tour?

Can you take your advice and avoid all things Gilmour?

Keyboard warrior? It's takes two to tango and you're simply posting mounds of shite on a subject you quite clearly know little about. Have you ever played music live in front of an audience?

I'm fine with Roger singing at Live 8 as long as he's not butchering up songs his voice is all wrong for, I think you know that too, if you didn't then you're obviously mentally challenged and have bigger problems than trying to verbal blow Roger Waters

:lol:
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

FFS can you guys give it a rest?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can sit by yourself outside for a week. :(
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Wolfpack wrote:

He is only human so what if he forgot lyrics maybe he got nervous he is 70 years old alot of rock stars forget lyrics its not amateurish yet roger fantatics pick at the smallest details to hate on gilmour it is pathetic and stuck in the 80's with their hate.

So Mick Jagger Roger Daltrey Robert Plant etc they all forget get lyrics get them muddled up time to time are they amateurish?
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:Can you take your advice and avoid all things Gilmour?
Well, I like Gilmour more than you seem to like Waters. :D

Maybe I should just avoid situations where Gilmour is treated like a god, while Waters is sent to hell.
Laughing at Waters having lost his voice at Live8, while at the same time defending Holy Gilmour forgetting his lyrics, is not how I like to enjoy the world of Pink Floyd.
kjek1 wrote:Have you ever played music live in front of an audience?
Do I need to be a plumber to notice that the water tap is leaking?
kjek1 wrote:I'm fine with Roger singing at Live 8 as long as he's not butchering up songs his voice is all wrong for
I've just listened to the performance, to refresh my memory. And I don't find Waters singing so bad at Live8.
He's creative in reworking the melody on the spot, to get around most vocal problems.
And he puts much emotion in his damaged voice.
A lot of singers may wish they could sing that good, even with a healthy voice.
azza200 wrote:[Gilmour] is only human so what if he forgot lyrics maybe he got nervous he is 70 years old alot of rock stars forget lyrics its not amateurish
Waters is only human, too.
He can lose his voice. And... it can happen to Gilmour, too.

Do I need to have some popcorn for whenever Gilmour loses his voice?
It's just not how I like to enjoy Pink Floyd. :?

And if people hate Waters for rehashing old times,
then what to think of Gilmour live at Pompeii?
Pink Floyd at Pompeii (1971),
David Gilmour at Pompeii (2016).
Isn't that rehashing?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Isn't that rehashing?
Not really is it David is solo and is not branding himself as Pink Floyd. He just happens to be the same person who played there back in 70's in PF not a rehash as he was promoting his solo tour & album Elton John played at the same venue last year.

Speaking of rehashing same could be said with Waters then seeing as he is rehashing things on his new album from the 2 songs we have heard
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

azza200 wrote:
Isn't that rehashing?
Not really is it David is solo and is not branding himself as Pink Floyd. He just happens to be the same person who played there back in 70's in PF not a rehash as he was promoting his solo tour & album Elton John played at the same venue last year.
Gilmour is branding himself as Pink Floyd member:
"PINK FLOYD'S David Gilmour - RATTLE THAT LO-CK TOUR 2016"

And his website is titled:
"David Gilmour | The Voice and Guitar of Pink Floyd | Official Website"
azza200 wrote:Speaking of rehashing same could be said with Waters then seeing as he is rehashing things on his new album from the 2 songs we have heard
Both Gilmour and Waters are rehashing. That's my point.
They're "treading the backward path". :)