Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by raisemyrent »

Live at Pompeii in cinemas September 13. Interesting. Expect a DVD eventually. I'm also hoping for the last night at the Albert hall.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

there;s strangely no mention of a dvd, but there's got to be surely.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

It'll most likely be announced after the showing.

That's what happend with the The Wall, and also Rammstein:Paris.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Agreed. Tickets bought. Excited to hear the atmos mix.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

learningtofly wrote:there;s strangely no mention of a dvd, but there's got to be surely.
DVD & Blu-Ray expected November
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Just bought my tickets can't miss that. As crazy as it sounds, much more excited for this than a RW show and it's 10% the price!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Ditto that folix.

Really hoping for an official release for the last night at the Albert hall too. He can't just sit on those recordings
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Ticket purchased ... a bargain price compared to other evenings out
<ii>
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

Yea, he did this kind of movie-show with On An Island. The movie didn't end up as the DVD release, I think. If that was so, then it was a special presentation. It sounds like the Royal Albert Hall shows should be both a movie and a DVD release. That would be nice, as so many make mention of those shows.

I'll go see this, but for what I want to see. That's cool, and he deserves to showcase his music in as many different kind of media presentations his management can think of.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Is that right? What did they show in theatres for on an island? Because we eventually got 2 dvds. Albert hall and Gdansk (much to the dismay of hose of us who bought thre first one thinking it was the ultimate version).
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

It was the solo stuff mostly, and some Pink Floyd music. With Rick, of course, his profile on this production was pretty well-covered. They played Shine On, which was ultra-nice, in being in a movie theater. I thought is was the perfect primer for what was to come. Or at least I thought....

I expected Echoes. I kept being slogged patiently through the solo stuff and thinking that the 25 minutes of bliss was getting too late to happen, and then the show ended. I was kinda disappointed. I got this "concert" ticket-style movie-pass, and it wasn't fully what I thought it would be.

Then we were lucky to get to get Gdansk and Remember That Night on DVD/CD's. They have Echoes, and then some. Now I know what to expect.

However, I am not so expert in recalling that what I saw in the show was what showed up on the DVD.

The Dave camp treat their material very carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line that they release special unseen cuts from their last Pink Floyd tour.

Had they had the idea of this media-potential back in the seventies, we would see official full-The Wall-shows, Animals shows and recordings and photographs from on-before. (And don't say Pompeii 1972 was "it", that was an abberation of the time). It is important to keep in sight that was was inhibiting the development of this as an entrepenurial awareness was Rogers idiotic dominance in the group and his contempt towards the fact that he was being recorded in various ways without his permission, and his idiotic assumption that the audience wasn't paying enough attention to him and his muzac. It is now well-known that he recorded every Wall-returns-with-revamped-messages show for re-release in any way imaginable by him or his estate possible. This, after years of looking at the fragments of (oh my God, I was SO PRETTY!) footage of the 1980 Wall show in which was shot in 35mm film. The angst of lost youth. It turns out the best he could do was maintain the stage-precence of a fat sausage dressed in black.

It was only a matter of time that professional filming was going to be the staple of such shows, tours and even in-between. It just so happened that Dave had developed as a musician and business person with the court-fight he endured in maintaining his rights to play Pink Floyd muzac as Pink Floyd. This led to good people advising of recording these events in any number of manners. Lucky for us, bring it on.....I dont care if it is Richard Wright, Benedict Cumberbatch or Cap'n Crunch singing Rogers verse in Comfy Numb......I wanna hear Dave do the solo.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

All was done for Remember That Night was a DVD Premier at the Odeon in London which i went too which showed the DVD Documentary before the concert footage which was an edited version of the show & ended with Echoes. Then there was a Q&A with David and it ended with a Jam session in the cinema. Which turned out to be Ricks last performance

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-07-28/ ... -ever-show

i have pics and vids from that night

also have a video of the laser show in the cinema during Echoes
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Thanks! Laser show lol what a trip! I remember when he debuted the lasers on this last tour; we all went like: lasers!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

raisemyrent wrote:Thanks! Laser show lol what a trip! I remember when he debuted the lasers on this last tour; we all went like: lasers!
the lasers in the cinema was awesome as was the strobe lighting
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »