Donald Trump - Why?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Donald Trump - Why?

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

GilmourGirl wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote:Trump is a douche bag. Makes me sad to be an American.
Speak for yourself!
I did....and still feel the same now as I did then.

P.S. Didn't like Hillary either.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

GilmourGirl wrote:Hillary is full of corruption. They think they can overthrow Trump, and look for the dumbest reasons to try & impeach him. I've never seen a bigger group of sissies than Liberals. In America right now the white male is being ridiculed for being a white male, white people are the enemy, and liberals think they could live under Sharia Law. Let ONE liberal get in an Islamist's face and try to tell them how to live. They'll literally lose their head. The liberals are truly clueless.
I love you.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Ha, ha...the political debate in the USA has been very strange since the early 1990's, and they finally got their kind of guy elected. I haven't noticed anything change, just flip-flopping.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

GilmourGirl wrote:
Phantom Turnip wrote:I'll be honest, while I was afraid of seeing my younger siblings drafted into a nuclear war with Russia, all of these huge, apocalyptic predictions for either candidates presidencies were so overblown and ridiculous. This isn't even that important or world-changing of an issue. This is an era of instant information and heightened self-importance. I live in a very rural area, and always will, so the government really doesn't have too much of an impact on my life and surroundings. It just doesn't matter to me.

But it doesn't mean I don't love to troll the ever-living piss out of the butthurt Clinton supporters on my Facebook feed. :lol:
Hillary is full of corruption. They think they can overthrow Trump, and look for the dumbest reasons to try & impeach him. I've never seen a bigger group of sissies than Liberals. In America right now the white male is being ridiculed for being a white male, white people are the enemy, and liberals think they could live under Sharia Law. Let ONE liberal get in an Islamist's face and try to tell them how to live. They'll literally lose their head. The liberals are truly clueless.
I love you Gilmour Girl. Thanks for expressing what many Americans think, but have been afraid to say; i.e. the silent majority. That's why Trump got elected. The UK naysayers that don't live in our country and seem to feel the need to judge should reflect on their own poor choices; i.e. Tony Blair. What an embarrassment.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Sorry, this is going to unleash my inner sh*tposter. Here we go.
Back when I lived in Australia, American politics meant blank-all to us. We had our own problems with douchy PMs down under, America be hanged. When we moved to Canada in 2010, I began to learn more about American politics simply by proxy. Until I moved up here, I only cared that Obama had cut NASA's budget. Then, in the 2016 election the whole palaver exploded in my face, and this is how I see it from the outside looking in.
I hated both of them, to tell the truth. Whilst it is evident that Trump seems to have accomplished not really very much and is really kind of a douchebag, Clinton was pretty corrupt. I can understand why people voted for Trump, but it is becoming pretty clear he doesn't really know what he is doing. The endless whining about him needs to stop though. Yes, I hate him. Yes, he's a douche. Yes, he has some serious issues in his administration that cannot be ignored, and yes there is a possibility that he could declare war over something dumb. BUT... until we have any firm and damning evidence that he has [blank]ed up in a serious way that could have him removed from power, he is the president of the United States. Riding the trigger train and whining about how he walks like my brother is not going to solve anything.
This whole race is proof that there needs to be more limitation as to who the hell can run for President in that country anyhow. In office we have a complete idiot who has some serious allegations following him (which do need to be looked into, by the way), and on the other side we had someone who was under investigation from the FBI. In a perfect world neither of them would be sitting in that office right now.
Now, I am a Traditional Catholic, and I hate him. Why? Whilst some of his policies line up with my beliefs, what I feel I cannot ignore is that once he refered to one of the most holy parts of the church as 'the little cracker' (jerk...) and the fact that he is now trying to get all this money poured into the army, a raise it obviously does not need. And to get that money, he's slicing the main source of income for programs that make sure those who are less fortunate can continue to be fed. I do not like that one bit.
I am dead certain that Lincoln was rolling in his grave the whole election campaign, seeing two dumbasses going at each other not with policy but with generally personal attacks. The fact that Trump has continued to use this sort of rhetoric (albeit somewhat toned down) is not a good sign I don't think. However, if we want to continue to respect democracy, then we leave him be until he does something that threatens the democratic way or until proof of these allegations of sexual assault surface. Until then, all Americans, from an Australian living in Canada and therefore an outsider... please just shut it.
(Personal note: I'm peeved that Trump is cutting NASA's budget even further and somehow expecting them to be able to land people on Mars by the 2020s. Come on man.)
Last edited by theaussiefloydian on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emily Blunt
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Emily Blunt »

Genuine we could have feckin Boris as Prime Minister inside a matter of months, given certain turns of occasions, all things considered, Trump is in his very own class. I would state those of us looking in from outside the USA are starting to get extremely stressed that this person could wind up driving the most effective nation on the planet, and where the damnation would that take us?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome to the forum Emily!
I don't think we'll have Boris as PM ever. But still think we'll have an emergency government with someone else!
But if Boris says Assad must suffer for chemical attacks, not actually proven to be by Assad, then his silence on Israel using phosphorus recently will be just as ignored as Trump is also ignoring what Israel was doing on the stage.
No matter who the name or the hype, in the end they agree to get people killed. The really unfortunate get their own people murdered.
And back to Pink Floyd isn't that all in the end was a oneness?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Welcome to the forum Emily!
And back to Pink Floyd isn't that all in the end was a oneness?
You actually just reminded me of the stories of Trump supporters leaving Roger Waters concerts en masse within minutes of him starting a concert. That really amused me, because I don't know what the hell they were expecting. Waters voiced his total and utter disdain towards both of the candidates in 2016 (with reasons that I agree on a lot), so it seems natural that his shows are going to reflect his supreme annoyance with politics in America. Just listen to his latest album. The sample at the beginning of the title track could have very well been a Clinton quote, had she won.
On the subject of Boris... I don't know much about British politics. I tuned out during the hysteria after Cameron resigned in light of the Brexit result. All I know is that I reckon you should find a way of voting in Lord Buckethead as PM - that would be much better.