roger waters miming-lip synching-pre recorded vocals....

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

roger waters miming-lip synching-pre recorded vocals....

Post by everton1690 »

I think its completely and utterly disgusting , cheating and fraud

everyone in the know is getting excited by a uk tour knows full well he is doing it

remember he said dave nick and ricks AMLOR was a pretty fair forgery and pink Floyd was dead and gone, but now he goes around the world creaming it in making millions with a PF tribute band while he stands at the front miming his way through shows

I don't even know why he has a bass guitar on him because the actual bass player is stood to his left behind him playing bass

pretty fair forgery definitely [-X
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: roger waters miming-lip synching-pre recorded vocals....

Post by Follix »

Back from his show and I agree it was lip synching... One of the few songs that was maybe live was ''Eclipse'' but you know he was singing ''Dogs'' better than on the album version, you know something is wrong.

Let alone another guy is behind him playing bass...

So basically all Roger does is walking around the stage faking to sing and maybe playing a few bass notes here and there, no risk at all... I mean David exposed himself during all his Tour did plenty of guitar mistakes, his voice was rough on certain songs every night and still sounded better than Roger hiding behind his musicians.

But I see plenty of casual fans saying it's the greatest show of all time...
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Yawn :-({|=
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

yeah it is a yawn paying extortionate amounts of cash too see a pf tribute band with that stupid senile old c*** mime and rip off the general paying public by miming his way through a show.

a pretty fair forgery ring any bells?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the tickets.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

snifferdog wrote:Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the tickets.
No, but the discussion here is not about whether to buy tickets, but whether or not Roger miming is an acceptable thing for an artist to do.

I myself am not decided on this. Roger, at his age and with the vocals that he'd have to perform on those songs, is different IMHO from an artist who has never been able to sing and has always had computerised artificial vocals. I.e. someone who has never really been able to perform. At present: no pre-recorded vocals means that some people's favourite songs won't get played. Or sung by others. Having seen youtube videos of the current tour, I think that Rog has the best band, vocally, that he's had for a while. And his guitarists do a good job of channeling Dave; I never quite got on with those guitarists who were technically good, but made the guitar work too much their own. Again, others may prefer a distinctive guitarist to Dave clone playing. But, you can't have a Rog concert without Rog doing many or at least some of the classic Rog vocals. Which means that he has to mime or croak his way through them, I would guess. (I could be wrong.)

I'm undecided on this, and haven't seen Roger live partially because of it. I'm tossing up whether to see him in Brum next year. But, that and other trivial transport difficulties, has tipped the scales for me to be a 'no' at present. Though, I hope for a Blu-Ray of the concert. I would pay £65-80 or so to hear Rog, gruff as hell if that's where he is, sing fully live and accompany himself on guitar. Others may prefer the full band experience, however it is achieved.

So, that would put me in the middle of the two extreme positions, I think.

Returning to the point: I do think it a reasonable topic of discussion to discuss whether or not it's a good thing that Rog is miming. Irrespective of whether or not someone decides to pay for the tickets.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Well, I guess the alternative is, Roger sits at home and does nothing and we sit at home.
Personaliy, I am happy to go see him a few times next year even if he does mime. He is in his seventies!!
If you dont like that dont go.
I like to think about it as two sides of the same coin.
David is a fantastic musician and can still play guitar and sing. I really enjoyed those shows last year. Of course he still has the classic Pink Floyd show with screen and lights. You wouldn't expect anything less. But how many times have we seen those movies!!
Roger on the other hand runs a surrogate band, but he did write most of the songs originally and has transformed the Pink Flod experience into the ultimate spectacle.
Both good in their own way
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I guess he's miming here. However this was created, doesn't it sound absolute fan-frickin'-tastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Sa4x4dW6U
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I have to say I don't like the idea of somebody lip syncing their shows, as that feels like a cheat. However I would like to point out that his shows are way more than just his songs, they're also about his crazy showmanship and set pieces. In this respect I feel like if he is lip syncing (which it does seem like he is), the intense visuals of his concerts make up for that in spades.
(To be brutally honest I never really thought Waters was one of the greatest singers in history anyway...)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Given that the high quality videos came from Rog's youtube itself, I hope that means that there is more high quality footage, and that a blu-ray will be released.
michal94
Embryo
Embryo

Post by michal94 »

Annoying Twit wrote:I guess he's miming here. However this was created, doesn't it sound absolute fan-frickin'-tastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Sa4x4dW6U
As I remember from youtube fan videos he was singing it live on that show and for this clip they just used the playback audio track because it sounds better.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

he mimes on stage to pre recorded vocals done in rehearsals

the only actual vocals live are his part in mother , brain damage, I don't even know why he has a bass guitar over him , as the actual bass player is stood behind him

a pretty fair forgery you are rog, and people kniw hes doing this but gladly handing over a 100 sheets to watch him fake it
michal94
Embryo
Embryo

Post by michal94 »

As I studied YouTube videos from the beginning of the tour I'm pretty sure he is singing live in:
Deja vu (except 'to find someone home')
Last refugee (except 'tearing me apart')
Picture that
Wish you were here
Brain damage
Eclipse
Mother
Vera
Bring the boys
Comfortably numb
Wait for her-part of me died was live

On the first few shows he was also singing Time live and probably on the first two - Smell the roses was live