Which Album Would You Choose as Next Immersion Box Set?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Which box set would you like to see next?

1967 - Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates of Dawn
13%
1968 - Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
8%
1969 - Pink Floyd - Soundtrack from the Film More
No votes
1969 - Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
3%
1970 - Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
6%
1971 - Pink Floyd - Meddle
18%
1971 - Pink Floyd - Relics
1%
1972 - Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
1%
1977 - Pink Floyd - Animals
40%
1983 - Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
4%
1987 - Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
2%
1994 - Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
4%

Total votes: 139

Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Which Album Would You Choose as Next Immersion Box Set?

Post by Hadrian »

p.s.
Speaking of La Carrera Panamericana, I found this vinyl on some Italian forum a couple of years ago. It was done in 45 rpm, and (...the claim goes...) this was cut from the actual studio tapes (so no voice overs or other sounds found on the video - just pure music). I tried to acquire it, but someone out there was quicker. Unfortunately I could not confirm that this was indeed done from the actual studio tapes (highly unlikely - although not impossible), but in any case, as a package, it is definitely a great proof of concept what could be done with what is still unreleased new Pink Floyd music :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Speaking of La Carrera Panamericana ...
I spotted a copy of the Laserdisc of the same material on ebay.it recently and wondered, my Italian is poor, if the text was suggesting the audio was 'isolated' and did not include voice-overs. I have no way of playing such discs so took it no further ... ](*,)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I am not a LaserDisc expert but I know that some discs used one of the analog tracks for an isolated music score or a commentary track, so it is quite possible. However, more work would have to be done here - for example, "Pan Am Shuffle" is chopped-up between the actual footage (most of the track) and end credits (tail end of the track), "Carrera Slow Blues" has an early fade out indicating that there is more recorded music compared to what the video contains, etc. It is quite possible that the makers of the vinyl record in question (and it is a 12", I forgot to add that initially) took the audio from the LaserDisc isolated music score and patched up those new songs with some recent audio software.

In any case, I would love to see the official release of this one. It could be a great Record Store Day exclusive, for example.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I went with "Animals," even though I'm certain that there isn't enough unreleased material involved in the entire project to warrant it. "Raving and Drooling" and "You Gotta Be Crazy" have already been released as part of an Immersion set, "Pigs On The Wing" is simple enough (and I don't mean that as a swipe,) that there may not even be a demo recording of it, but even the joined version with Snowy Whites guitar solo has already seen an official release. There are whispers of a song called either "Flight From/To Reality," (depending on which source you go with,) that was possibly written around the time they would have been thinking about working on Animals. Some speculate that it became part of PACOHH. I think that's about everything that would be "in the vault" that anyone's found.

The only other audio goodies that I could think of would be different mixes, like 5.1 and such, but that's not really that important to me.

I'm still hoping against hope for a new release of "The Wall" that puts back in all of the stuff that was cut out due to the constraints of vinyl.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Maybe not an Immersion Box, but ...

https://soundcloud.com/avrotros/exclusi ... pink-floyd

At 14m25s there is talk about a new 5.1 mix of Animals
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Which one would I have an Immersion box for?
- A Saucerful of Secrets: High quality version of the mono mix, s'il vous plait. Also any other rarities that might still exist from the time
not covered in "The Early Years".
- Meddle: All 24 "Nothings". Please. "Nothing, Pt. 14" was glorious and I want to hear more.
- A Momentary Lapse of Reason: Hey, what happened to that remix they were talking about seven years ago? I wanted to hear that!
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but Waters recently said that a 5.1 mix of Animals is being worked on, but didn't go into specifics about how it would be released (part of an Immersion set or not, etc.).

https://www.loudersound.com/news/are-pi ... of-animals
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Yes, Animals in 5.1 was mentioned a couple of months ago ... still no listing on Amazon etc so I suspect it will not be released for some time !!
Rooster1
Axe
Axe

Post by Rooster1 »

If there is much left in the can from PATGOD then that would be my choice. I'd love to hear some alternative mixes which separate out some of the instrumentation. A vinyl + CD re-issue in the same format of the Pet Sounds Sessions would do it credit just nicely.