Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

Post by jambo »

https://soundcloud.com/avrotros/exclusi ... pink-floyd

14:25 he starts talking about it suddenly, new 5.1 mix with artwork from Aubrey Powell featuring Battersea as it stands today.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

Post by twcc »

Animals in 5.1 ... I didn't see that coming :D
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

So it has been mentioned here.

Waters recently said that a 5.1 mix of Animals is being worked on, but didn't go into specifics about how it would be released (part of an Immersion set or not, etc.).

https://www.loudersound.com/news/are-pi ... of-animals

Not really any news in this bit then.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

I just listened to the SoundCloud bit; it looks like LouderSound's "new" quote was literally from the 2-months old SoundCloud bit. I guess word takes time to travel.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Hey, does anyone know when this might be released? Googling isn't helping much!
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Anyone have an update to this?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Seen, and heard, nothing on this project ... maybe it needs sign-off and Roger is too busy with his new narration of Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale, maybe Nick is too busy with touring.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

twcc wrote:Seen, and heard, nothing on this project ... maybe it needs sign-off and Roger is too busy with his new narration of Igor Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale, maybe Nick is too busy with touring.

Agreed, maybe this new Animals can be the big release for 2019
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Sadly, Nick just said in an interview that there is no planned release of that... he did admit that it was an album that wasn't up to PF's usual sonic standard, but it doesn't seem like the box set we all want is near fruition. :(
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
That's a pity ... was hoping (and raving and drooling) this would get a formal release :roll:
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

twcc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:56 pm ^^^
That's a pity ... was hoping (and raving and drooling) this would get a formal release :roll:
Here's the full bit (translated back from German into English by me):

eclipsed: Pink Floyd have released the "Early Years" box set, now the "Later Years", and before that, the Immersion box sets of "Dark Side", "Wish You Were Here" and "The Wall". So, there's only one thing missing now.

Nick: What is it?

The big "Animals" box.

Oh, right... Maybe we're currently lacking the necessary enthusiasm for that. But sometime in the future, it's possible. There certainly aren't any concrete plans. "Animals" was, in my opinion, production-wise the weakest of all our albums. So it could really benefit from a new remastering.

(I suppose he means post-DSOTM, because surely the earlier albums don't sound better than Animals... and we already got a remastering in 2011. I guess he mixed up remaster and remix, like so many do...)
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Just read this article on Roger Waters quite clearly stating a reunion is out of the question. But more interestingly he apparently approached Gilmour and Mason about a remastered Animals vinyl. Allegedly they "wouldn’t have that".
“It was nothing to do with that,” he says. “This was just, ‘Can we release a remastered vinyl version of Animals without it turning into the third world war. Wouldn’t that be nice?’. I actually suggested going democratic. I said, ‘Why don’t we just have a vote? There’s only three of us and then we can decide all those things like that and at least we can just get on.’ But they wouldn’t have that. God knows why.”
Full article: https://www.loudersound.com/news/roger- ... be-f-awful

As much as a remastered version of Animals would be great, I still feel some sort of live material would be even more special for the wider Floyd community.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Master_Chief wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:34 pm Just read this article on Roger Waters quite clearly stating a reunion is out of the question. But more interestingly he apparently approached Gilmour and Mason about a remastered Animals vinyl. Allegedly they "wouldn’t have that".
“It was nothing to do with that,” he says. “This was just, ‘Can we release a remastered vinyl version of Animals without it turning into the third world war. Wouldn’t that be nice?’. I actually suggested going democratic. I said, ‘Why don’t we just have a vote? There’s only three of us and then we can decide all those things like that and at least we can just get on.’ But they wouldn’t have that. God knows why.”
Full article: https://www.loudersound.com/news/roger- ... be-f-awful

As much as a remastered version of Animals would be great, I still feel some sort of live material would be even more special for the wider Floyd community.
hey you pink floyd
ha ha charade you are
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I've felt my recent posts on this forum have been dickish.
That said, I still didn't throw World War 3 into it! I don't have a turntable. Vinyl is dead to me. But if that's his idea of negotiation, well I thought I had a fucking sheltered life and didn't know how to communicate.
And if anything happens now, Roger will only have his tactics to blame if he's ever given the "Roger, let's talk but without you being a dick" branch?
Never go in hard! You aren't on a television panel show!
hwkn
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hwkn »

They[as in Roger and others] supposedly say it's coming the only question is when is it coming.[or maybe by now it isn't]
Last edited by hwkn on Mon May 04, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.