BBC 1967 (Limited edition splatter vinyl LP)

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

BBC 1967 (Limited edition splatter vinyl LP)

Post by twcc »

I see there's a limited edition oddity to be released on 25 May 2018
Performing on 4 different dates in 1967, the year they released their first album, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, this is at their early, psychedelic, and raw best.
Their showing in May of that year, for the program "The Look Of The Week", was probably the earliest live video recording of the group and includes amazing versions of "Pow R. Toc H." and "Astronomy Domine".
Two more recordings for the program "Top Gear", which showcased the underground hipster scene of London, and one for "Tomorrow's World" round out this amazing collection of early Floyd, including great versions of "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun", "Flaming" and "Vegetable Man". Essential live recordings of Pink Floyd during their greatest era! Limited edition splatter vinyl LP.

SIDE A:
May 14, 1967: 1. POW R. TOC H. 2. ASTRONOMY DOMINE September 25, 1967: 3. THE GNOME 4. SCARECROW 5. SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN 6. MATILDA MOTHER 7. FLAMING
SIDE B:
September 25, 1967: 1. REACTION IN G December 12, 1967: 2. GREEN ONIONS 3. INSTRUMENTAL December 20, 1967: 4. VEGETABLE MAN 5. SCREAM THY LAST SCREAM 6. POW R. TOC H. 7. JUGBAND BLUES
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Re: BBC 1967 (Limited edition splatter vinyl LP)

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

This collection, if indeed it is the very same, can be found on youtube. The listing given above matches the listing on the youtube collection plus included also are BBC performances after Syd's departure.

What I heard seemed to me to indicate that some of the Piper performances (The Gnome, Pow R Toch H, The Scarecrow, Vegetable Man, Matilda Mother, etc) were the same bootlegs with the not-so-great recording quality that have floated about for years.