I recorded an album in the "style" of Pink Floyd

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Roger_Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

I recorded an album in the "style" of Pink Floyd

Post by Roger_Floyd »

Hello fellow Floyd fans,

I have been a somewhat obsessed fan for quite some time. Just over two years ago I had an idea to write and record a concept album in the style of Pink Floyd just for fun. I wrote a loose concept about a disintegrating marriage due to technology and tried writing about subjects that are important to me.

I tried my hardest to sound like my favourite band and I really hope I came close. Nobody can ever truly sound like them but I guess I wanted to test myself and see what I was capable of. A lot of the songs on this album are derivative of Floyd songs but not direct rip-offs as I wanted to make something almost original.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I recorded an album in the "style" of Pink Floyd

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you've checked the rules ... if not do so soon. Looking forward to seeing your post count increase and maybe some links (in the fullness of time).
Ashes andDiamonds07
Blade
Blade

Post by Ashes andDiamonds07 »

I've been writing an album slightly in the style of Pink Floyd, and in the process I accidently wrote a 25 minute instrumental to start the album but brought it down to 12 (if it had lyrics it would be fine, but as an instrumental, I couldn't justify it). I've been working on my keyboard skills (I'm best at guitar which I've been playing since I was five) to get a swirly synth sound. I've also been sampling dialogue from unpopular movies (occasionally popular movies if it fits) and every day sounds. It's shaping up well, but it's very political at times, haha.
I hope to hear your album sometime. Hopefully I've given you some ideas you haven't thought of yet. And of course, if you can't think of any lyrics, send me an audio of the music and I'll try to write some for you. :D
hatredman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hatredman »

Roger_Floyd wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:43 pm Just over two years ago I had an idea to write and record a concept album in the style of Pink Floyd just for fun. I wrote a loose concept about a disintegrating marriage due to technology and tried writing about subjects that are important to me.

I tried my hardest to sound like my favourite band and I really hope I came close.
Yeah.
Where is it?
We all wanna hear it.
Plaease post a link. Maybe it's on Spotify already, but we need guidance :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm making notes for such a project, myself...but first I have to get my 90s Grunge inspired Rock Opera finished and unleashed upon the world.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Links please. For all posts.