Douglas Rain RIP and Stan Lee RIP

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Douglas Rain RIP and Stan Lee RIP

Post by twcc »

Two sad deaths announced today ... :(

Never met either of the guys, but had them both on the wish list.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Douglas Rain RIP and Stan Lee RIP

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Bit late to the game on this one...
Yeah, it was a dreadful shame to hear about those two. 2001 is one of my favourite movies ever, so it was sad to hear that the man who gave that film that creepy edge that HAL added had passed on.
The worst bit about Lee's passing was that on Twitter there was a group of bastards who decided to dance on the man's grave by trying to say he was a racist, a sexist, a homophobe and basically any -ist or -phobe that came to mind, all for the goal of furthering their own political agenda. It was incredible how hastily the fandom tore those people to bits, really.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

And that's why I mostly don't use Twitter. It's a cesspool of hateful, angry people with nothing positive to add to this world.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

snifferdog wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:20 pm And that's why I mostly don't use Twitter. It's a cesspool of hateful, angry people with nothing positive to add to this world.
You're damn right there. I got Twitter to help try and get a social media presence to promote my creative projects, but it's such a garbage website these days.