New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by AndrewJFisher »

Hello, from New Zealand. Was born 1980 and grew up realizing that Pink Floyd was quite revered down here. The first Pink Floyd I knew was "Learning to Fly" and it was a while before I realized that Momentary Lapse of Reason wasn't exactly part of the reason they were idolized and wasn't genuine Floyd to all (as Nick and Rick barely appear on the record apparently, whether it's genuine Floyd depends on how much you think David's playing, singing and contributions to the writing defined Pink Floyd's sound I suppose). I got interested in Floyd, not just because they're one of the giants of rock/pop music, but because among the other giants I think they're considered to be a "thinking man's rock band". Obviously, I'm still interested in them though I couldn't call them among my fave bands. They have a lot of "name value".
DSOT_AnemicHogs
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DSOT_AnemicHogs »

Nice to meet you Andrew. Thank you for being a level headed and analytical individual. A rare thing on this internet. I'm thinking the New Zeland landscapes must have a calming effect on the psyche.
Last edited by DSOT_AnemicHogs on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard Andrew ... there used to be another Kiwi on here called < haveacigar > aka Rob Crawford :)
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

DSOT_AnemicHogs wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:42 pm Nice to meet you Andrew. Thank you for being a level headed and analytical individual. A rare thing on this internet. I'm thinking the New Zeland landscapes must have a calming effect on the psyche.
Nice to meet you :) I think that Pink Floyd are particularly important to kiwis, along with Dire Straits, perhaps more so than other rock giants like Zeppelin or even AC/DC.
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

twcc wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 pm Welcome aboard Andrew ... there used to be another Kiwi on here called < haveacigar > aka Rob Crawford :)
Thanks, yeah I definitely think Floyd is preferred here over other classic rock. The Pink Floyd Experience is quite a respected tribute band.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
If you're close to Auckland and free on Tuesday I recommend the 8-pm show at the Stardome -

https://www.stardome.org.nz/show/pink-f ... -you-were/

:-;
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

twcc wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:27 pm ^^^
If you're close to Auckland and free on Tuesday I recommend the 8-pm show at the Stardome -

https://www.stardome.org.nz/show/pink-f ... -you-were/

:-;
Cool. I happen to live in Wellington. Was in Auckland about a month ago with my dad, don't know if I could've gotten him interested in this ;)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome to the forum Andrew! Enjoyed reading your posts.
AndrewJFisher
Axe
Axe

Post by AndrewJFisher »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:15 pm Welcome to the forum Andrew! Enjoyed reading your posts.
Thunderbolt_A10
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Thunderbolt_A10 »

Hello everyone!

I'm a new member from Eastern Europe, I've discovered Pink Floyd when I was a kid in the 90s and my liking for them has never decreased since! I must admit I spent the last decade not really listening to them that much, but I've recently found again my very own records of Animals and The Final Cut and... let's say I regret losing so many years of my life :lol: I hope I'll be able to find my place here and that I'll be able to discuss that awesome band with all of you!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard, Warthog ... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

](*,)
Thunderbolt_A10
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Thunderbolt_A10 »

Thanks, I'll keep the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT-ing for other places as not to mess with the music! :lol:
clusterone
Embryo
Embryo

Post by clusterone »

Hello to all. I have been a Floyd fan for more years than I can admit to,but more than 50 years. I bought the original singles "Arnold Layne" "See Emily Play" "Apples & Oranges". I can remember being in Manchester on the day The Dark Side of the Moon was released and joining the queue to buy it. I am of a generation not very good with new technology. So do not know how much I can contribute to this forum, but I will try to post items on here. I am looking forward to spending some time looking through the previous posts on my favourite band.
DSOT_AnemicHogs
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DSOT_AnemicHogs »

Nice to meet you clusterone. Looking forward to more of your stories and memoirs! :)
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard clusterone ... :)