DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

The Later Years 1986-2014

Post by DarkSideFreak »

We know this is coming.

So, what can we expect/hope for? Let's see:

- 1981 "Money" re-recording
To be anal, this isn't part of the "post-Roger" years, but it is the first PF recording without Roger's involvement.

- Delicate Sound of Thunder (full concert)

This was already announced. Whether it's going to be a completely new edit of the film, and on what formats it'll appear (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray) is not clear. But I'm pretty excited at the thought of finally having all the songs they played at the shows in one place, including tracks that were only on CD:
Shine On (Parts 2-5), Yet Another Movie/Round and Around, Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2
and only on video:
Signs of Life, On the Run, The Great Gig in the Sky, One Slip
and not on any format:
Welcome to the Machine, A New Machine/Terminal Frost/A New Machine

...not to mention that some guitar solos were edited on both formats (more so on the video). And I hope the mixing is more in line with the video as opposed to the somewhat lifeless sounding CD, which has the audience much too low in the mix. In short, something I'm really looking forward to.

They also recorded some songs at the Atlanta Omni on November 5, 1987, before (the audio of Run Like Hell, On the Turning Away and The Dogs of War was released on 7" singles), so maybe we'll get that too.

- AMLOR extra tracks
Terminal Frost (DYOL), Learning to Fly (Edit), One Slip (Edit), the aforementioned live tracks and possibly the elusive Peace Be With You (which some sources claim being the same song that eventually ended up as A Great Day For Freedom)

- AMLOR remix
I'm not sure they ever came to a conclusion with this. In any case, I wouldn't rule out that we might get at least a 5.1 version of the original mix, but perhaps they did also replace some of the drum and keyboard sounds...

- La Carrera Panamericana soundtrack (in full?) and film

- TDB extra tracks
Take It Back (Edit), Keep Talking (Edit), High Hopes (Edit), Astronomy Domine (Live, March 30, Joe Robbie Stadium), One of These Days (Live, August, Niedersachsenstadion, Hamburg)

- TDB 5.1 mix
Depending on how it's laid out, there might be space enough on a Blu-Ray for the uncompressed 5.1... also, just for laughs, how about a digital release of the 1LP edit? (The most unlikely thing ever, but hey...)

- PULSE
Not sure how this could be covered. A full remix of the album? A complete re-edit of the film on Blu-Ray? The latter seems rather unlikely. The easiest way would be to just dump the Soundscape from the cassette and the omitted One Of These Days onto a CD, and perhaps the other tracks available on DVD that aren't on CD such as Poles Apart, Marooned and Take It Back... perhaps also locate that one bootlegged version of Lost for Words?
Maybe the better idea would be to give us a complete concert from the tour, as a full alternative to PULSE

- TBS
Possibly the entirety of "The Big Spliff", of which we got only three excerpts so far, and maybe other outtakes from "The Bell Sessions"

- TER
The extra tracks from the DVD/BD could do with a CD release, especially "Nervana".

- Live 8 on CD and DVD/BD
Wishful thinking? Maybe... probably Roger would veto this, but it would really add some value.

The one-set-per-year approach doesn't work , and I hope this time all the material will be available without paying for a premium.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Later Years 1986-2014

Post by twcc »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm We know this is coming.
Do we ?

I suspect the next non-RSD release will be Animals 5.1 ... :)
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm - TDB 5.1 mix
Depending on how it's laid out, there might be space enough on a Blu-Ray for the uncompressed 5.1...
For the records, TDB 20th Anniversary Edition (box) included the 5.1 mix on a DVD and on a Blu-ray

<ii>
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

twcc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm
DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm We know this is coming.
Do we ?

I suspect the next non-RSD release will be Animals 5.1 ... :)
It's been confirmed by Aubrey Powell and the DSOT footage looks incredible <ii>

https://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/interv ... ink-floyd/
Aubrey Powell recently confirmed in a Press release confrence for the opening of Pink Floyd – Their Mortal Remains in Dortmund, that not only is he working on the Animals 5.1 SACD release due early next year. He is infact working on a secret new box yet entitled The Later Years which is a elaborate box set of their collected work of Pink Flloyd between 1987 – to present (Roger Waters quit the band in 1986 and is not featured on the last 3 studio albums or acompanying tours)
I was in Wilhelmshaven on Sunday and there I had the opportunity to ask specifically! Accordingly, the LATER YEARS BOX is due to be released in November 2019, probably with the complete concert of the Nassau concert in 1988 by DELICATE ... He also took action for the new ANIMALS cover, showing the Battersea in remodeling with the construction cranes in the evening light! This should come in early 2020, whether as a boxset he could not or did not want to say ...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Build the thread for it and it will come! <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>

Looking forward to playing the hopefully sampler CD back to back with the 1967-1972 one and laughing over what the hell happened inbetween!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The 1967-1972 promo CD was called Cre/ation ... I wonder what the 1986-2014 one will be called, maybe Des/truction, Con/clusion or Red/uction

I'll get my coat ](*,)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Con/clusion sounds more Flourish. Better than Cre/mation! :shock:
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pm Con/clusion sounds more Flourish ...
Do you mean Floydish ?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

twcc wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pm Con/clusion sounds more Flourish ...
Do you mean Floydish ?
Haha! Autocorrect strikes again!
So does this mean "Peace Be With You" will be getting release? Is that already online?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:04 pm
twcc wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Do you mean Floydish ?
Haha! Autocorrect strikes again!
So does this mean "Peace Be With You" will be getting release? Is that already online?
No information on content is known and what will be in this box set as of yet. All that has been said about it is the DSOT complete concert which is being re edited and is by all accounts looking incredible & that the box set is out in November.

Though i am sure something will leak out or the press release for this will be out soon enough.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, I will probably buy it, even though it is not my favorite era. ](*,)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I wish that Gilmour included The Endless River as the second set in his Rattle That Lock Tour (with his new studio album as the first) in 2015-16, to let that material breathe a bit on stage and develop, and eventually end up on the Tour's concert video.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

twcc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 pm
DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm - TDB 5.1 mix
Depending on how it's laid out, there might be space enough on a Blu-Ray for the uncompressed 5.1...
For the records, TDB 20th Anniversary Edition (box) included the 5.1 mix on a DVD and on a Blu-ray

<ii>
I know. But the standalone DVD was not a DVD-A (plus a limited offer), so the only place where you could get the mix in full resolution is that box set you mentioned. I'd just like it to be released in something a bit less "loaded with vinyl".
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Maybe a version of Echoes from early on in the MLOR tour? at the very least theres audio/video from a rehearsal that's been doing the rounds for awhile.
JasonNormand
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JasonNormand »

twcc wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 pm The 1967-1972 promo CD was called Cre/ation ... I wonder what the 1986-2014 one will be called, maybe Des/truction, Con/clusion or Red/uction

I'll get my coat ](*,)
Con/clusion sounds perfect . :D