Pink Floyd Animals Spectrogram

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd Animals Spectrogram

Post by drafsack »

I nicked this from some Pink Floyd Reddit site I fell apon - pretty cool I thought. Apparently its a Spectrogram - who Knew??

Apparently A spectrogram is a visual representation of the spectrum of frequencies of a signal as it varies with time. When applied to an audio signal, spectrograms are sometimes called sonographs, voiceprints, or voicegrams - it say here.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd Animals Spectrogram

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Thanks! It looks a lot different from how I'd imagine the Spectrograms to look. Imagine taking the titles off and getting people to guess the track? You'd have to mention the album is "Animals" of course, or would be too hard.
Maybe there's a future music company panic over music being converted into Spectrograms and these Spectrograms being re-converted back into music to share illegally!
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Actually I think this would be a good album to do that, at least the three main tracks that have quite memorably dynamics in terms of loud and quiet sections.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

MoreOrLess wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:53 pm Actually I think this would be a good album to do that, at least the three main tracks that have quite memorably dynamics in terms of loud and quiet sections.
Wish You Were Here also