The Pretty Things : 13 Dec 2018

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Pretty Things : 13 Dec 2018

Post by twcc »

On my way to London to see The Pretty Things c/w guests inc David Gilmour ... anyone else going ?

<ii>
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Re: The Pretty Things : 13 Dec 2018

Post by everton1690 »

I was there mate, got off after the sf sorrow set, I hear he came back on for 1 more song.

Sounded great using that les paul

Got a little vid on my phone but I don't know how to upload in here
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
You missed Van Morrison !!. David was back during set 3 plus the encore ... you missed a fantastic rendition of L.S.D, plus Road Runner wasn't bad

Also have some 'phone vid's but I haven't uploaded them yet.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-pret ... 4a170.html
www.davidgilmour.com wrote:David fulfilled his promise last night to former Harvest stable mates The Pretty Things, joining them onstage at their last-ever performance. The Indigo space at the O2 Arena was the venue for a rapturously received, sold out show, which saw the Dartford, Kent, band officially bow out after 55 years of live performing. Formed by ex-Rolling Stone Dick Taylor and singer Phil May, the band went through several musical incarnations in their career, all represented across a 3-part set spanning three hours.

The central section included a large portion of the band's rock opera S. F. Sorrow, certainly one of the first, which was released on EMI's Harvest imprint in December 1968, produced by Norman Smith. At last night's show, David played on several tracks from the album, including She Says Good Morning, Baron Saturday, I See You, and Old Man Going, as well as adding exhilarating solos to Cries From The Midnight Circus, from the subsequent Parachute album.

The farewell show also featured guest appearances from Van Morrison, who joined David alongside The Pretty Things on one of the encores, a high energy rendition of Bo Diddley's Roadrunner, originally included on the Pretty Things' 1965 debut album, helping to bring things full circle. For those who were there it was a very exciting night, the contributions of the special guests helping to celebrate one of the UK's original 1960's musical pioneers.

\:D/
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Official release due soon -

https://www.keymailrecords.com/the-fina ... -smalp1139

Amazon are also listing an SDE 52-page hardback book edition with CD's, DVD and vinyl ... but it is currently unpriced so I am unsure if it has sold out
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Back home, late, and waiting for me is the SDE of the Pretty Things complete with dual Dick and Phil autographed supplementary sheet ... but most importantly two CD's of the 'Final Bow' set plus two DVD's (one is 2h 24m 48s of the 'uncut' concert, the other is a 1h 30m 05s edit). The SDE also has a rather interesting 10-inch vinyl. I have not found myself on the footage yet, but maybe tomorrow.

As an aside, picked up an Us + Them cinema poster today for £5 ... a bargain :D
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Phil May RIP, two acoustic tracks have been released by way of a tribute.