The Later Years Speculation

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

The Later Years Speculation

Post by theaussiefloydian »

This is honestly less of a speculation and more of a hope, but here goes.
I'm hoping that the contents of The Later Years are later sold individually, and I have a reason to consider that a possibility.
When The Early Years box set dropped, it took some time but eventually each of the parts of the box sets (Cambrige St/ation, Reverber/ation, etc) were sold individually, albeit expensively. If they did that for The Early Years, surely they'll do the same with The Later Years?
And if they did that, I have a speculation on how they would be sold:
  • Remixes (AMLoR remix and the Blu-Ray of the high definition mixes)
  • Delicate Sound of Thunder (the CDs and the Blu Ray)
  • Knebworth (the CD of Knebworth and the Blu Ray containing Knebworth and Venice)
  • Other Live Recordings (the CD of live recordings, and the PULSE film)
  • Other (the Blu-Rays of concert films and music videos)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Later Years Speculation

Post by Keith Jordan »

It would be great if that happened. There are some people who can afford the very expensive box set in its total, but most of us will not find it accessible. It would, however, be nice to be able to access the favourite parts! 8)
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

This what I'm praying for as well. I have toyed with the idea of splashing out for this boxset, but after buying The Early Years and being very unhappy with the product as a whole, I just can't justify the price.

I'm also hoping they add all the remixes and audio stuff to Spotify, which they did for The Early Years. Quite frankly the only thing from the boxset I'm really interested in is the Blu-Ray releases of Pulse and The Delicate Sound of Thunder.

We will see... [-o<
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm It would be great if that happened. There are some people who can afford the very expensive box set in its total, but most of us will not find it accessible. It would, however, be nice to be able to access the favourite parts! 8)
I will be keeping an eye on Pirate bay
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

drafsack wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:05 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm It would be great if that happened. There are some people who can afford the very expensive box set in its total, but most of us will not find it accessible. It would, however, be nice to be able to access the favourite parts! 8)
I will be keeping an eye on Pirate bay
Yep, me too. I have all of the contents of the Early Years set from there, though if I ever see Reverber/ation in a record store I'll pick it up