And

https://www.r3m.it/david-gilmour-avrebb ... ink-floyd/

This is your legacy
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: New Album 2021

Post by azza200 »

not going to happen stop reading into things.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Is this the beginnings of a rumour here? :roll:
khegs202
Axe
Axe

Post by khegs202 »

I can't imagine Dave letting Roger have the last word so wouldn't be at all surprised if him & Nick go back out as Pink Floyd for possibly a very limited number of shows.
Couldn't see him wanting to do a full world tour though.

Could you imagine a Pink Floyd show utilising today's technology !!
mabewa
Axe
Axe

Post by mabewa »

This article strikes me as some rather blatant clickbait. It's clear that they aren't talking about a 'new' album in any case, but rather the The Big Spliff. And Dave isn't actually hinting about releasing that anyway in the interview. He's talking about how The Endless River was put together, not talking about releasing The Big Spliff, let alone a genuinely new album.

I doubt that The Big Spliff will ever be released anyway, but I see no indication that Dave is hinting about it in this interview. He's just mentioning the fact that it was the genesis of the idea for doing The Endless River.

From the recent interviews, it seems clear to me that Dave feels that PF ended on a high note, with Endless River being an encore featuring the best of the unreleased Rick material. He shows no sign of ever revisiting PF again, and frankly, while I was quite open towards a Dave/Rick/Nick PF, without Rick it really wouldn't be a band anyway. Unless, of course, Roger got involved, and that's another extremely long shot.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

These are just off the cuff comments from the GIlmour podcast earlier this year. There is nothing in it. Recent comments by Roger give more clarity on the topic of a Pink Floyd reunion. Just not happening!

Pink Floyd Reunion... NOT https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roge ... c-not-good
mylesrev1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mylesrev1 »

No new album. No new Floyd. Thats it.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Floyd as a touring band are over along with a new album with Roger
mabewa
Axe
Axe

Post by mabewa »

azza200 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm Floyd as a touring band are over along with a new album with Roger
Yeah, pretty sure that they are over, period. They'll keep doing reissues, but that's it. Dave and Nick are not going to record an album as PF, Dave and Roger are not going to work together, and they aren't going to tour. The only kind of reunion that wouldn't amaze me would be some kind of one-off charity event.
Luca
Axe
Axe

Post by Luca »

mabewa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:52 am
azza200 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm Floyd as a touring band are over along with a new album with Roger
Yeah, pretty sure that they are over, period. They'll keep doing reissues, but that's it. Dave and Nick are not going to record an album as PF, Dave and Roger are not going to work together, and they aren't going to tour. The only kind of reunion that wouldn't amaze me would be some kind of one-off charity event.
Nick Mason will do something for sure: a live album and/or a dvd. As for the reissues, I'm waiting for a collection of Waters' lost songs. Some of them got released on an odd compilation almost twenty years ago.

Get back to radio
Going to live in LA (the best one, imo)
Molly's song
Flickering flame
Crystal clear brooks
Leaving Beirut
To kill the child (the worst one)
Lost boys calling (not the demo, please...)
Hello I love you (Steve Gadd on drums!)
Knockin' on heaven's door
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Luca wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Nick Mason will do something for sure: a live album and/or a dvd. As for the reissues, I'm waiting for a collection of Waters' lost songs. Some of them got released on an odd compilation almost twenty years ago.

Get back to radio
Molly's song
Flickering flame
Crystal clear brooks
Leaving Beirut
Admittedly most of those are unreleased or exceptionally hard to locate in decent quality.

But Flickering Flame, To Kill The Child and Knockin' On Heaven's Door were released on Flickering Flame in 2002, along with the demo of Lost Boys Calling.

To Kill The Child and Leaving Beirut are both on Spotify as a single release from 2004.

The original Lost Boys Calling is also on Spotify under The Legend of 1900 - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Ennio Morricone, also on Spotify and I think iTunes as well.

Hello (I Love You) is on iTunes as a single From The Film "The Last Mimzy".

I know it's not exactly concise and easy to locate, but they are out there somewhere... 8)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I think of Pink Floyd now as one of those spectacular vintage cars parked in a garage - the owners (Gilmour and Mason) could take it for a spin or even a road trip if they want to, but they certainly don't have to. As long as Gilmour and Mason and with us and in good health, anything is possible. It is impossible however to tell if anything more will happen. We should not forget that things looked this way back in 2012-14 when they were secretly working on The Endless River, and the same was true last year when Mason was re-recording drums with Gilmour in the studio (proper Pink Floyd studio session there, nothing less). We'll see.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

mabewa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:52 am

Get back to radio
Molly's song
Flickering flame
Crystal clear brooks
Leaving Beirut
What about Each Small Candle? IMHO it's better than the entirety of Is This The Life...! :shock:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:41 am

Get back to radio
Molly's song
Flickering flame
Crystal clear brooks
Leaving Beirut
What about Each Small Candle? IMHO it's better than the entirety of Is This The Life...! :shock:
Each Small candle was released on Flickering Flame-the Solo Years,Vol.1 ... and there it should remain. Boring song that is 5 minutes too long ;)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

I remember some newspaper interview with Roger Waters, a few years ago. Rog answered the question: How long time can Pink Floyd last? He said, well, technically speaking the Pink Floyd can last forever. He said their children can take over Pink Floyd name and legacy and continue to make music under Pink Floyd's name. And so on...

Well, it was crazy stuff, but who knows what the future brings. :D