If..

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

If..

Post by space triangle »

If you see Roger Waters on the street, what would you tell him? :)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: If..

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I'd just walk by. Thank you for the music, but keep your distance! I'd run through traffic to speak to Nick. Dave would get an acknowledging nod. But Roger?
I listen to his music. That's as far as I'd go. But then I'm not celebrity orientated as we are supposed to be.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

A Consortium for Global Peace. Something aimed at stopping all wars and poverty etc. And even then Roger is still being excrement made flesh!

https://www.alternativenation.net/roger ... ink-floyd/

Roger needed the band more than they needed him. Are we still talking about the genre busting innovative Radio Kaos all these years later*? /endsarcasm

No. Still there. Still resentful. His American tour is only going to encourage more people to vote Trump. Helen Mirren, Simon Cowell, Gordon Ramsay. Roger joins that shit list of British people going abroad to tell people what to do. Further encouraging the far right to go on about Uhmerikka.
Thanks Roger! Just another sad old man. Milking blood from the overtly nostalgic! The epitome of "Me,me,me, self self self".

*=On a PINK FLOYD forum we might still be talking. But out there in the REAL world? Wow, nobody gives a fuck! In another clickbait article Roger goes on about the vacuousness of Pop music. Which brings joy to the people who choose to listen to it? You know, CHOICE? But no. All in the wrong and we should be listening to Roger instead.
Yeah... No.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Maybe, just maybe I would thank him for the music and ask him to release one more album. But most probably I would leave him alone.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

I would ask him (In a joking manner) If he still is a tone-deaf? :D

In this interview(2016) he complained how Dave and Rick always tried to drag him down.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/news/roger-w ... -1.2121468

"In an interview with Marc Maron, Waters described the "toxic" environment that preceded the end of Pink Floyd. He said David Gilmour and Rick Wright, in particular, seemed to be out to quash his musical ambitions wherever possible.I always felt insignificant and somewhat inept," he said. After leaving Pink Floyd, Waters came to realize he has "a fairly sophisticated musical brain."I think it was really important that I got away when I did," he on Maron's popular WTF Podcast. "I was in a very toxic environment...David [Gilmour] and Rick [Wright] mainly who were always trying to drag me down, always trying to knock me off whatever that perch was.

Waters said his former guitarist and keyboardist would claim "that [he] was tone-deaf."

Poor little Roger :lol:
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

I'd avoid politics as it always seem to get in the way.

I'd jokingly ask how Dave is, and then thank him for his solo work and then probably ask him why he hasn't played anything from his first few solo albums live lately. I'd just love to hear him play some Radio KAOS and Amused to Death...
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Master_Chief wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:52 pm I'd jokingly ask how Dave is,
And what do you think Roger would answer? :lol:
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

space triangle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:05 pm
Master_Chief wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:52 pm I'd jokingly ask how Dave is,
And what do you think Roger would answer? :lol:
Haha, well hopefully he'd sense the sarcasm in my question and match it with an equally sarcastic response and the ice would be broken.

Or he'd ignore me and carry on walking...
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Yucateco wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am ...and ask him to release one more album.
It seems he is working on the new album:

“According to a source, rumors of Roger Waters working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “He’s got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said “.

https://en.mediamass.net/people/roger-w ... album.html
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

If I saw Roger I think I would ask "Are you still working on Animals 5.1 ?"
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

I'd pretend I didn't see him.

I think this thread belongs in the Waters section.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Kerry King wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:39 am I'd pretend I didn't see him.
Why?
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Kerry King wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:39 am I think this thread belongs in the Waters section.
Ups...you are right Kerry King. :)
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Probabley get involved in a heated argument with him over ripping the public off for hundreds for tickets whilst playing tapes of his voice and pretending to play bass on stage while the real bass player is really playing it behind him
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

everton1690 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:09 pm Probabley get involved in a heated argument with him over ripping the public off for hundreds for tickets whilst playing tapes of his voice and pretending to play bass on stage while the real bass player is really playing it behind him
Yawn... there were four songs with two bass players during the Us and Them tour (Ootd, Time, Another Brick and Pigs). Only on two of them Roger was doubled, during Pigs and Ootd there are two different bass lines. Stop spreading that crap about fake bass playing, it’s really silly.