If..

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Re: If..

Post by space triangle »

everton1690 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:09 pm ... pretending to play bass on stage while the real bass player is really playing it behind him
You must be watching too much the Wall Live shows in 80/81 on the Youtube. When the surrogate band worked behind the band! 8)
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

If space triangle were a train he'd be late.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Kerry King wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 pm If space triangle were a train he'd be late.
and If I go insane, please don't put
Your wires in my brain. :-;
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Having inadequacy feelings and thoughts about your own guitar playing?
https://youtu.be/pBZdqDDDrNU so I'd ask him "You STILL know how to play 'If', right?"
:-;
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

space triangle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:31 pm
“According to a source, rumors of Roger Waters working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “He’s got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said “.

https://en.mediamass.net/people/roger-w ... album.html
ITS MEDIA MASS...
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Ron Geesin asked Roger (presumably a very long time ago) what he does with his fan mail:

"I bin it."

"That’s a bit cruel, isn’t it? People write because they want to know things."

"Oh no. The moment you do that, you let the buggers in and they’ll be bothering you all the time."

I don’t think I'd bother trying to have a conversation with him, though I'd probably ask if he still owns the house in Hampshire where my grandfather and other U.S. Army officers lived in the months leading up to D-Day.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:03 pm Ron Geesin asked Roger (presumably a very long time ago) what he does with his fan mail:
do you have a link to this interview, or any other info ?
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

thefinalmutt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:05 amdo you have a link to this interview, or any other info ?
Mojo Magazine, 2001:

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/interviews/pi ... mber-2001/

That same Geesin quote may have been included in the Saucerful of Secrets book from 1991.
K2+
Axe
Axe

Post by K2+ »

I wouldn't go out of my way to speak to him, but if we made eye contact and were close enough to speak, I would just tell him thanks for all the great music, then be on my way.
The endless river
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The endless river »

If I was a swan I be gone if I was a good man I talk to you more often then I can
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

space triangle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:16 pm If you see Roger Waters on the street, what would you tell him? :)
please, keep composing and releasing stuff, so I can listen to it on Spotify.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am please, keep composing and releasing stuff, so I can listen to it on Spotify.
He should probably try to get the rest of his solo albums on there then, but I don't think there's much demand.