Golden age of the NPF

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Golden age of the NPF

Post by space triangle »

Ehh, I was being a little sentimental today, And I remembered the good old days of NPF. These new members today,, with all due respect, have no idea how fun it was here at the NPF, once! I remember especially the biggest legend of this forum ever, our 'moom'! Even today I still can laugh with a passion when I remember his photo from the kitchen, sitting at the table wearing the socks and slippers. Hahahahahaha :lol:

And, I do remember all of his attempts to break into the 'Estonia's Got Talent', or whatever that TV program was called. :lol: :lol:

The NPF used to be a great place. Heck, the NPF used to be the best place on the internet! Once upon a time!

Cheers
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Golden age of the NPF

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

*Reads message
*Looks at join date

So... Who were you in a past life? moom?
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

No, I'm not 'moom'. :lol:

I was a member here on the NPF sone 5-6 years. At a time when this forum was at its peak! In the time when the Facebook, twiter or instagram they didn't even exist, Pink Floyd was discussed here to the utmost! There were a lots of legends here, like HeckTo, Publicimage, moom ... etc 8)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

The story of 'HeckTo' 8)

You old 'geezers' here, you for sure remember the 'HeckTo' story. 8)
It was the best thread that ever existed here on the NPF. Heck, it was the best thread on the whole internet!
Who was 'HeckTo'? What's happened with 'HeckTo'? Is he still alive? And such things......It was hilarious! 8)

Long live the legend, 'HeckTo'! :lol:
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Hey Keith, do you remember the CD with the songs, which was made by us the members of the old NPF? 8)

I remember, I liked the most mozepa's song. It was a really great song. The best on the whole CD. <ii>

If you still have CD, please share some of the those songs here. The pople today don't know, how good the music was before! :lol:
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Ohh my gawd, I forgot to mention 'oldhippy'! 8)

His negative comments here were simply brilliant. Just take a look att his comment of the 'Animals':

'oldhippy' wrote:

Animals themselves create a lot of shit. In particularly pigs and cows. This is exactly what this album is SHIT. I couldn’t possible vote for this as Keith doesn’t provide a minus 100 button'.

Pure gold! :lol: :lol:
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

From someone who wasn’t on here back then… this thread is even making me nostalgic! :lol:

I’d like nothing more than a daily dose of floydian banter, but unfortunately it’s all a bit sparse

Someone should ping some emails to the old crew to which you refer.... get the band back together :lol:
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

dj865 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am Someone should ping some emails to the old crew to which you refer.... get the band back together :lol:
I think it's great idea. Keith is the main boss here. 8)

The 'my breakfast' was the great on the bas guitars. 'Mozepa' and I belive 'massed gadgets' was both very good ond the piano and keyboards. ''Damn't, if I remember correctly played guitar. The 'moom' as well.

A few of them are today the members of the' NPF Facebook' community.

So keith, let's have a party! <ii>

As in the good old days! :D
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

space triangle wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:08 pm members of the' NPF Facebook' community.
oh there's a FB group?
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

ok boomer!

:D
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Welcome back crofloyd! :D
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Moom where are you? Neptune is calling...........Neptune is calling Estlonia :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

space triangle wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:12 pm Hey Keith, do you remember the CD with the songs, which was made by us the members of the old NPF? 8)

I remember, I liked the most mozepa's song. It was a really great song. The best on the whole CD. <ii>
Thanks for the props!

I am actually putting together a YouTube video of the original master I did of the album (before a user who shall remain nameless added unnecessary instruments and fucked up a couple of the segues in his desperate effort to be creatively involved in something that he had nothing to do with,) with the entire booklet as the video portion.

I'll be sure to post it here when I've got it done.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

It certainly was a lot of fun, especially running the bootleg tracker.

It's a shame it got squashed by PFM.

I posted far too many times on the forum though. Unhealthy.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

jambo wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:57 am It certainly was a lot of fun, especially running the bootleg tracker.

It's a shame it got squashed by PFM.

I posted far too many times on the forum though. Unhealthy.
Oh shit, I totally forgot that case with the bootlegs. It wasn't nice move from the PFM side. But, on the other hand, if I remember correctly, there were a lot of Pink Floyd reissues at the time. So that may have been understandable.