How do folks in the UK view the 2020 U.S. election?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

How do folks in the UK view the 2020 U.S. election?

Post by TioBuzzy »

It looks like former VP (Biden) of the wildly popular Obama-Biden administration is now the overwhelming fave to face off vs the bloated orange faced trump. I'm not sure how people in the U.K. feel about it but here in the states, every day trump is more and more being seen as a neanderthal mafioso buffoon not fit to be a dog catcher.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: How do folks in the UK view the 2020 U.S. election?

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

The talk is so huge in the media language but when you look at the position held by the candidates they aren't as massive huge Soviet Russia sized changes.
I think it's likely going to be another term if Trump. The Religious Right oxymoronic have poisoned the well. Cambridge Analytica (Look that up. Read Neil Sanders, no relation to Bernie) is targeting social media American users with information they willingly supplied it with "Which glacial turd of Led Zeppelin Epics Is Most Like You?" quizzes.
Fascism happens strongest in the places where they scream it isn't happening. Cambridge Analytica won Brexit vote. Won the last UK election.
Has been sold (and has MI5 security clearance as well) to whoever is behind Trump. And it's going to win him another term.
As for Democrats. If they can't get behind Bernie Sanders and would rather Uncle Creepytouch go against Donald then they never deserve power again as the lives and matters of America are clearly secondary to their Party Games.

Nobody gives a fuck about this (US 2020) where I am in the UK but since you asked, Cambridge Analytica. I'm really sorry we're living in these times and really hope justice actually happens for the population!

EDIT: Make America Great Again... So the drinking water has been fixed then? Where has the money gone?
And what of... The Atlas Network? How can America be as introverted as spun when you have The Atlas Network?
https://www.neilsandersmindcontrol.com/ ... -venezuela
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

If you look at the current polls, trump is falling hopelessly behind Biden. Cambridge Analytica, Russia, William Barr, anybody else you want to add it...none of them can bail trump out at this point. And Bernie blew any chance he had when he praised Fidel Castro. You can't carry Florida if you do that and that is an important state to win.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

TioBuzzy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:35 am If you look at the current polls, trump is falling hopelessly behind Biden. Cambridge Analytica, Russia, William Barr, anybody else you want to add it...none of them can bail trump out at this point. And Bernie blew any chance he had when he praised Fidel Castro. You can't carry Florida if you do that and that is an important state to win.
Well we can only hope! If you manage to knock Trump out of office then that'll increase the pressure to flush the Boris Arse out of Parliament.
Since Trump got in there seems a pissing contest between the other countries to see which country could fuck up further.
Apologies for my first post in this thread! This is what happens when you lose faith in the system.
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

Last three major polls:

Rasmussen (right wing pollster): trump approval -11%
Fox News (right wing news): trump approval: -10%
Reuters/Ipsos (unbiased poll): trump approval: -13%

and the Nate Silver "538" poll updated almost constantly: trump approval -10.4%

Well, they are almost identical. :D 8) :lol: \:D/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looks like Trump won't be getting another term!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I view the US election with considerable trepidation.
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

Keith Jordan wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:30 am Looks like Trump won't be getting another term!
Newest poll (Politico)

trump approval 40%
trump disapproval 57%

He knows it's over and has gone full out 110% corruption, firing Inspector Generals, calling the results of the 2020 election invalid (even though it's half of a year away), etc. What a pathetic whiner he is. Herbert Hoover got 40% in 1932, so the U.S. has unfortunately gone backwards for trump to even still have 40% support.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

TioBuzzy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:53 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:30 am Looks like Trump won't be getting another term!
Newest poll (Politico)

trump approval 40%
trump disapproval 57%

He knows it's over and has gone full out 110% corruption, firing Inspector Generals, calling the results of the 2020 election invalid (even though it's half of a year away), etc. What a pathetic whiner he is. Herbert Hoover got 40% in 1932, so the U.S. has unfortunately gone backwards for trump to even still have 40% support.
Telling Police not to worry about using violence on suspects after the killing of George Floyd. He was never funny. That was the joke about him in the 80's. He was successful but thought he was this great wit.
America won't be getting Hong Kong back that's for sure if the Democrats usurp. No pressure but the America you know likely changed forever with another five years.
He still won't get shot. Pisser he hasn't even had a shoe thrown at him! :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The trouble with two party systems is that there is never a middle ground you have gone from Obama Left wing politics to Trumps ultra right wing. it seems anything good set up by one party is then reversed when the next party gets in. When you look at it its not the democrats or the republicans who run the country its the legal system and the NRA as regardless of which party is in nobody has tried to curtel their activities - with around 16000 murders a year and people like George Floyd being murdered by the legal system there seems little hope. I also think Trump will sneak it - after all if he didn't get in Rog would have to re think his show
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

The new Reuters/Ipsos poll again shows 57% disapprove of trump and only 40% approve.

This deficit is bordering on insurmountable. i.e. - buh-buy trump... enjoy your prison cell after January :D :lol: \:D/ <ii>
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

TioBuzzy wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 pm ... i.e. - buh-buy trump... enjoy your prison cell after January :D :lol: \:D/ <ii>
What does buh-buy mean?, do you mean bye-bye

I guessed, after watching the recent Roger Waters video, that there must be an election due soon ... but seriously. Trump through direct contact and family, especially his daughter, has complex links to the Clinton's and the Democrats. Trump was and should be thought of as a third-party candidate or an Independent and it was only when he secured the Republican ticket he was on a sure-fire path to win.

I would not discount Trump just yet as the last time a President did not secure a second term was Bush Snr and I do not quite see the foreign and domestic situation as the same as back them.

Time will tell but fine words, payments to all sub $150k, rising stock exchange values and fear of sleepy Joe will be factors.
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

NEWEST POLLING UPDATE:
38% approve of the way Trump is handling the presidency, while 57% disapprove

LINK: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/politics ... index.html
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

TioBuzzy wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:06 pm NEWEST POLLING UPDATE:
38% approve of the way Trump is handling the presidency, while 57% disapprove

LINK: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/politics ... index.html
The trouble with opinion polls is that people will publicly say they will vote one way but in the privacy of the polling booth they will vote the other. I am not sure if the american system is a First past the post system but this system is that the person with the most MP's/senators?? wins the election. With First pass the post MP's/senators can get elected with small amounts of public support, as the size of the winning margin doesn't matter: what matters is only that they get more votes than other candidates.
First past the post system is regarded as wasteful, as votes cast for the losing candidates or the winning candidate above the level they need to win that seat, count for nothing. So you may only get 38% of the overall votes but if those are in the right areas you could still win
TioBuzzy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TioBuzzy »

Trump is now 14 points underwater and that was before the stock market dropped today almost 2000 points...one on the biggest one day drops ever.

I hate it that my stocks took a beating today but look forward to no more trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
UPDATED JUN. 11, 2020 AT 3:57 PM (U.S. central time)