COVID19

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

COVID19

Post by flashback »

Hello friends,I just wanted to say I hope you are all doing well with all that is going on.It sure is trying times in the world right now so please be as safe as possible and take care of yourself and those you care for.Remember we are all in this together in 1 way or the other and please help anyone anyway you can.This to shall pass but not without changes in all of our lives.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: COVID19

Post by Keith Jordan »

As this takes its grip, it is important to help one another. In my local community we have a facebook group where everyone is helping one another. People who are self-isolating or social distancing or being a key worker are all helping out. It is good to see what people can do with a common and important goal!

Now stop the panic buying!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

It is an anxious time and some people wonder what they can do; this graphic shows how useful limiting contacts is. I think the message about hand washing has got home but clearly the one about limiting social contacts has not.

This link illustrates clearly how not going out and self isolating is a real positive step in preventing giving COVID-19 to anyone else.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/wp-content/upl ... -xc28HZ8jc

Stay safe, keep calm and carry on.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I volunteered for the NHS 250K helpers. People should help out where they can. :D
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Good job Keith,I live in a pretty remote area in the USA.My nearest neighbor if over a 1/2 mile away so it's easy for me to stay away from people.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Since I've gotten older, I've been more inclined to go/stay home than be anywhere else.

Having four Fur Babies doesn't hurt things, either.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

flashback wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:59 pm Good job Keith,I live in a pretty remote area in the USA.My nearest neighbor if over a 1/2 mile away so it's easy for me to stay away from people.
I would love to live 1/2 a mile away from other people! In the UK we live on top of one another. It's dangerous!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well one ear doesn't work as good sadly! So have been at home. More concerned about hearing than the virus.
I get the "volunteer to assist our GREAT NAAAATIONNNNN!!" angle but I'm horrified at the amount of volunteers rushing to help out the NHS?
That organisation needs the skilled and trained and it's due to the sheer malicious Tory government cut nurses and staff for the past ten years that... *Shock! There's a crisis!

On the final subject of politics. We need to stop looking for stability when they promise it. Stability is off the table now. I'm sorry, but things are always going to happen, so we need crisis management skills more than guff about stable NAAAATIONNNNN etc.
Trump failed this test. Boris not only failed but hit every beam on the way down.
The steady hand on the till is also a lie, but one thing at a time. I'm on my own with this one! Socially distance yourself from above comments!

And stay safe.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The volunteers are to help 1.5M people who are being asked to self-isolate at home for 3 months. Doing their shopping, bringing their medicines, and freeing up capacity in the NHS by doing some manual work to help out. The pandemic is unprecedented, even the best funded public healthcare systems around the world will have capacity issues. Having a large number of your population on a ventilator machine or hospitalised at once in a short period of time is enough to overwhelm!

Volunteering to help your community is a good thing. :D
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Well said Keith.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Hats off to all the people helping out in anyway they can.I help an old man of 71,make him wear his N95 mask I bought for him,and do all of his heavy lifting here on the farm as I call it.I help his sister of 84 anyway she'll let me but she is a tough old bird :D .Just do whatever you can,it might make someone's day.
henno

Post by henno »

hey all, glad to hear your all still going good, and fair dues keith for volunteering !

my wife has 3 of the "at risk" factors so we have been pretty much "cocooning" since this all started... we're over 2 weeks into 'staying at home' and im the only one who goes to the shops. we try to get out at least once a day for a walk which is invaluable to my mental health at least, along with my physical health.

workwise, i've been working at home for the past week. im lucky enough to be able to do this, and its also allowing me a much needed time to catch up on work i was behind in. since last november i started the process of taking over my bosses company, since he is retiring, so i have pretty much 2 office workloads on since then, his and my own. I am in architecture so i am worried about the economic fall out from this when it all finishes, hopefully it wont affect peoples plans too much.

Im very worried for the people of the UK and USA. The UKs response, while being good right now, wasnt swift enough.
Same with america. it didn't help that both leaders of both these countries tried to play down the threat of the virus initially... while lead to some people still ignoring advise even after the governments realise the impact it is going to have.
USA will end up with a death toll greater than 9/11 so what affect will that have on trumps reelection? Hopefully the ordinary american can now see through this charlatan. His words and inactions have already caused the unnecessary deaths of many americans, and unfortunately theres a wave of more coming.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think USA could easily have 100k deaths and I am quite surprised they didn't lock down New York!

The UK I think was pursuing the "herd immunity" idea and letting the virus get into the population. I think they have realised now that we need to prepare more ICU beds before letting that happen.
henno

Post by henno »

trump needs to get himself off twitter, he does serious damage by his ill thought out ramblings. the man has absolutely no concept of the consequences of his words...

I see the daily mail trying their best today to try to blame Boris getting the virus on the EU :D
this is despite the PM being so blazé in an open presser about shaking hands with all the covid patients in hospital visits

you couldnt make this sh!te up :lol: :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Trump is a wanker,the Doc in charge said we in the USA could have 200,000 deaths.Trump takes no blame for the clusterf**k he and his bunch has made of this mess.The people will see what is really going on this fall and vote him out.Just hope we can hangon till then.