New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
fuzzarrow
Embryo
Embryo

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by fuzzarrow »

Hey! I'm also new. Not that new to Floyd but then again, the more I read and learn about them the more I find out that I don't actually know very much about that. I hope that I'll learn a lot of new things here - particularly about heir concerts and stuff. is there a concert picture thread by any chance?
ledzep30513
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ledzep30513 »

Hello one and all,
I am new here. I've been collecting Floyd material since the 90's or before can't quite remember. Although I do remember seeing "The Wall" in a near empty theater at about 2 in the afternoon the week it opened. Very surreal to a 16 yr old kid. I was hooked and have been collecting and listening since then at least listening till Cd's came out then both. I have one experience that I would think alot of fans have not had, I have actually been to Pompeii and walk the Amphitheatre they played in, in 1971. It's one of my favorite recordings.

Jim
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

ledzep30513 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:51 pm I have one experience that I would think alot of fans have not had, I have actually been to Pompeii and walk the Amphitheatre they played in, in 1971. It's one of my favorite recordings.

Jim
Hello Jim and welcome.

I once visited Piazza San Marco (St. Mark’s Square) in Venice,Italy. Pink Floyd played one of their most famous concerts at that place on July 15, 1989.
wammen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by wammen »

I am new here on the forum.
I live in Belgium .

I make this post because i fond this lp ...
And i am verre curieus of the history about it.

I hope that somebody can help me with this.

Thank you in forward en keep safe.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by twcc on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sorry, as a newbie your links have been removed in line with the forum rules
Miss Kat
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Miss Kat »

Hi fellow Floydians, My name is Kat,
I'm a newbie from downunder Oz in self-isolation.. :smt039
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome to the forum. :D
Abby718
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Abby718 »

Hey folks :)
Zap Flash
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Zap Flash »

Hello All, I have been a massive fan both of Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett for more years than I care to remember! I was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd a number of times on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in the UK. Very Glad to find this forum!
RemembranceCCF
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RemembranceCCF »

Howdy, I'm Ben. Came to this forum to speak with some of the older members of the community as it seems like many are still around here, specifically hoping to ask about the Earls Court 1980 Bootleg.
MrMan2000
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrMan2000 »

Hello all. Longtime Floyd fan who just discovered this board and figured I'd log in and check it out. Grew up in 70s and 80s when Floyd were IMO among the Big 4 of rock and roll:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
The Who

Those aren't my fave bands but I just remember any time any of those bands did anything it was a big deal.

Anyway, just discovered this forum so will begin exploring.
daemonspudguy
Embryo
Embryo
Location: Beverly, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse

Post by daemonspudguy »

Hello, I am Jacob aka daemonspudguy. I am a 17 year old from Southeastern Ohio who got in to the Floyd during the first lockdown here in Ohio. The first album by Pink Floyd I listened to was The Wall, after watching the movie. I loved it instantly, and started listening to PF's other works and it all clicked with me. Aside from PF, I listen to a lot of Electronic music (Aphex Twin is amazing). I also am very interested in computers and technology in general. I also make YouTube videos and have a website.
chav
Embryo
Embryo

Post by chav »

Hello, I´m 43 years old, and a Pink Floyd fan since 6 or 7 years old. I only saw them live twice, both without Roger: one in 1989 (in Paris), and the other in 1994 in Lisbon (yes, I´m Portuguese). Fortunately, I saw many live concerts by many bands in my life, but even today I elect those two as the best I had the privilege to attend.
I´m also an amateur musician, and I play more than one instrument. :smt035
I also do some video and sound editing in my spare time, and I learned a lot about those things over the years. Those are my drugs, actually.

Cheers :smt039
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome to the forum.
rayone1911
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rayone1911 »

howdy all. New member , just joined up today. Been a Floyd fan since the early 80's, first Floyd album I got was the Final Cut and worked my way through the catalogue. Well thanks for excepting me and I look forward to reading more from the members.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You say that NOW...

Seriously, though; welcome to the forum!