Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

Post by twcc »

^^^
You'll have to explain who the "They" are, I do not see a 5.1 or SDE coming out in the near future ... I would loved to be proved wrong.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Roger update on Animals new mix

Post by dj865 »

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

An update from Roger about the new mix with a little hostility towards Dave and Polly for good measure > https://rogerwaters.com/animals-new-mix-update/

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/anim ... id-gilmour
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger update on Animals new mix

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

It's curious that the 1982 interview he mentioned can't be found online. I wouldn't be surprised if Roger has no recollection of A Collection of Great Dance Songs since he didn't work on it, but all of "Money" had to be re-recorded. I would be surprised if the tape loop on the original was the same one Roger pieced together in his shed. I hope his kids find a very nice nursing home where he can finish his memoirs.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That was a bit of a nasty but also amusing edit Roger did in his video regarding releasing his memoirs...

Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:19 am That was a bit of a nasty but also amusing edit Roger did in his video regarding releasing his memoirs...
I had a good laugh
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

I would prefer it if Roger keeps his comments (which I do enjoy) to himself until after the new mix is actually released and in our hands!

Wouldn't surprise me if DG's reaction to the continual onslaught from Rog is to pull the plug on the new Animals mix altogether and it never sees the light of day.

Maybe I'm being overly dramatic 😂

More importantly - when is the release date?!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I still want a Middle Years period. Animals could have been part of this, but Roger can't talk due to his Wall footage he won't release because :sniff people might not think it was any good and I wish you were there to see how amazing it was etc
telys
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger update on Animals new mix

Post by telys »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:52 am It's curious that the 1982 interview he mentioned can't be found online. I wouldn't be surprised if Roger has no recollection of A Collection of Great Dance Songs since he didn't work on it, but all of "Money" had to be re-recorded. I would be surprised if the tape loop on the original was the same one Roger pieced together in his shed. I hope his kids find a very nice nursing home where he can finish his memoirs.
Yes it unfortunately looks like Waters is living in the past. One of the possible signs of early dementia is aggressiveness. I'm not adding anything to the fanbase Waters/Gilmour conflict, just sad to see 40-45 year old interviews and album recording details being the foundation for more conflicts.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

A tape loop in 1973. Big deal. Waters needs attention/credit for that? In 2021? It barely mattered in 1973.

I can hear what Gilmour brought to Animals by listening to the album. Waters can't change that.
whackystrings
Axe
Axe

Post by whackystrings »

I do not recall seeing biographical liner notes in Floyd albums so it may be that DG wants to remain consistent to that. Even Waters states that DG was not against the Mark Blake notes but that DG vetoed its release until there was an agreement to not include them in the packaging. Is that suppression? Was there something scandalous in the notes? Hardly! It seems here that Waters is trying to shine a overly bright spotlight on his creative efforts to make this album which, for ardent fans that would actually buy it, is redundant. We know that so well already! So, maybe the best way to publish those Mark Blake notes is on a special PF webpage info site about the release of the remix, instead. Not in a raving and drooling manner by Waters. Childish and crass. How third rate!
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Remember, this was the guy that fired Storm Thorgerson after a decade of amazing work, simply for including the Animals cover in a book alongside many other covers created by Hipgnosis, and not explicitly stating that it was based on an idea by Roger Waters. Storm & Co. were able to work on A Collection of Great Dance Songs under a pseudonym, simply because Roger wasn't involved - which is another reason I think Rog is confused about Dave's explanation of the recording of "Money", and his use of the royal "we".
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm Remember, this was the guy that fired Storm Thorgerson
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm Remember, this was the guy that fired Storm Thorgerson
If he'd hired him for his solo stuff, he could've skipped being sued for plagiarism and kept that settlement money.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pmRemember, this was the guy that fired Storm Thorgerson

Yup, and he fired Rick Wright too. But, nothing wrong with it. It was his band! He and Nick were the first two to initiate establishment of a band in the early dats. Everyone else Syd, Rick Wright, Dave G., Storm T., Michael Kamen.....etc., are only newcomers!