davids gift to key workers

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
fender62
Embryo
Embryo

davids gift to key workers

Post by fender62 »

would it not be a great thing if david gave a concert or two, for all the key workers in the u.k, after the virus dies down...i think so.
i dont know if dave reads this...but what a gesture.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Re: davids gift to key workers

Post by space triangle »

Nick Mason said 2014: ''Pink Floyd would reunite for right benefit'

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nick-mason ... t-benefit/

As it was for the 'Live 8' benefit concert 2005, I suppose. So, it may be time for the remaining band members to reunite again.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

It's going to be a long long wait for concerts or gigs I feel. I have a few booked from September up to xmas but I can't see any of them happening.

We are going to possibly get every man and his dog wanting to do benefits when this goes away. I can't see Gilmour being involved on his own at all. Not really his style.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

They could do an online thing, with each of them in their home.

But, I suspect it won't happen. It would be interesting to see what happens when the situation gets a bit closer to normal.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Annoying Twit wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm They could do an online thing, with each of them in their home.
This is the right time for Pink Floyd to be reunited again.......online! Because of they can't stand each other in the natural circumstances. :lol:
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Hmmm. Not sure how you can reunite PF when one member will not be able to make it under any circumstances.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

moodyblue wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 am Hmmm. Not sure how you can reunite PF when one member will not be able to make it under any circumstances.
I would classify a reunion of Dave, Nick, and Roger, as a Pink Floyd reunion. If TFC, AMLoR, and TDB are Pink Floyd (and I believe they are), then Dave, Nick, and Roger would be Pink Floyd.

Not that I expect it to ever happen.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Annoying Twit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 am
moodyblue wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 am Hmmm. Not sure how you can reunite PF when one member will not be able to make it under any circumstances.
I would classify a reunion of Dave, Nick, and Roger, as a Pink Floyd reunion. If TFC, AMLoR, and TDB are Pink Floyd (and I believe they are), then Dave, Nick, and Roger would be Pink Floyd.

Fair point.

ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Annoying Twit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 amI would classify a reunion of Dave, Nick, and Roger, as a Pink Floyd reunion. If TFC, AMLoR, and TDB are Pink Floyd (and I believe they are), then Dave, Nick, and Roger would be Pink Floyd.

Dave definitely classified Live 8 as "Pink Floyd with special guest Roger Waters" - and he told him as much. "Look, they've asked Pink Floyd to play. We're [Dave, Nick, and Rick] Pink Floyd so we're gonna do these songs, and if you'd like to play with us, that'd be great."
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:09 amDave definitely classified Live 8 as "Pink Floyd with special guest Roger Waters"
Better they invited Bob Klose at Live 8 instead of Roger and played 'Butterfly', 'Remember Me' and 'I'm a King Bee' with him. :lol: