Mothers Club (Birmingham) in the 1960s

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mothers Club (Birmingham) in the 1960s

Post by twcc »

^^^
Great story and great post ... it is good to see a post from someone, that does not have 96 at the end of their forum name and is not asking a "question"
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

SidewaysSyd wrote:The 50th anniversary of Mothers opening is coming up on August 8th. There have be a few events commemorating Mothers over the years and BBC Midlands filmed me and another ex member a couple of months ago for the BBC2 Inside Out programme.
Hi SidewaysSyd. Is that clip available online anywhere? I'd love to see it.
BLOSSOM68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by BLOSSOM68 »

Hi, just reading about the poster on the rough paper.

Interesting as I have a poster also on very rough paper, feels almost like cartridge paper. Would love to know more about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Great posts. Brilliant to read the memories from such a golden era ...
BLOSSOM68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by BLOSSOM68 »

Still looking for advice on this poster.. anyone?
Kevskye1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kevskye1 »

I was right there, next to the keyboard at the right of the stage about six feet away from rick wright. Managed to get a poster that you mention. Takes pride of place on the wall in my study
SidewaysSyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SidewaysSyd »

snifferdog wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:46 pm
SidewaysSyd wrote:The 50th anniversary of Mothers opening is coming up on August 8th. There have be a few events commemorating Mothers over the years and BBC Midlands filmed me and another ex member a couple of months ago for the BBC2 Inside Out programme.
Hi SidewaysSyd. Is that clip available online anywhere? I'd love to see it.
Just come back to this forum to check for updates. The Inside Out programme is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZP9NF9UAw

I'm the one with glasses.
SidewaysSyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SidewaysSyd »

BLOSSOM68 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:35 pm Hi, just reading about the poster on the rough paper.

Interesting as I have a poster also on very rough paper, feels almost like cartridge paper. Would love to know more about it.
Hi - that poster is from the night of the recording of Umma Gumma. But if it's on what feels like thick cartridge paper, it's a reprint and I think the giveaway is the lighter coloured border around the edge. Looks like a photo or screen copy of the original (my poster has appeared in quite a lot of places on the net now) has been printed. The paper used in the original Mothers posters is very thin and smooth.
But whatever, it's a great poster to have on the wall.
I've just had mine valued by an auction house at £3k-6k. Their music researcher will do some work on finding out where my Mothers Day rough purple paper poster came from.