Pink Floyd Stage Props

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Zep_oyd
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd Stage Props

Post by Zep_oyd »

I was just curious on the props Floyd used on stage (in the mid 70s) I was hoping I could get some answers
pink-floyd-pf031jf.png
how is the mirror ball floating in the air in this photo?

in a review of 1974 concert they said that there were "three mirror-balls were put into operation during ‘Raving and Drooling’"
is it true that they had 3?

In the same review they mention that during Echoes, Mr. Screen had green orbs on it "Visuals are now relegated to luminous green orbs of circular light projected on the big screen" does anyone have a photo of that? sounds cool

https://youtu.be/f144VVdxO64
At 13:06 in this video is the person flying in the air apart of the show? What song is he used for?

and the last question what did the model plane for "On the Run" look like for the 73,74,75 concerts?

I've been a fan for a while and always wondered these things, thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd Stage Props

Post by drafsack »

I saw the show in 1974 and at the show I saw Raving and drooling was the first song played and I don't recall a mirror ball - this was raised in fornt of the screen during Shine on at the end of the first set. Earlier in the tour Shine on was the first song played with Raving and drooling played second and you got to be crazy finished the first half. The planes that flew down at the end of on the run were just spitfire/mustang shaped models. The green orbs were just green lights projected on the screen. The flying person is a spaceman which had light beams coming out of his visor. He appeared at the end of Eclipse
Zep_oyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Zep_oyd »

Your very lucky you got to see them, which city was the concert you went to in?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Zep_oyd wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 am Your very lucky you got to see them, which city was the concert you went to in?
Bristol Hippodrome 14th December 1974 (it was the last show of the British winter tour) I was 12, it was my first ever concert and it was an early Christmas present
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Zep_oyd wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 am ...
and the last question what did the model plane for "On the Run" look like for the 73,74,75 concerts?

I've been a fan for a while and always wondered these things, thanks
When the V&A 'Their Mortal Remains' exhibition moved from London to Rome there were a few new elements, models, photographs and captions; one related to the 1975 'Us and Them' ... here is a lo-res image and the caption -
IMG_2277e.jpg
IMG_2280e.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

'For the U.S. leg of the Pink Floyd's 1975 tour, a pyramid shaped dirigible was floated above the stage. It proved unstable in windy conditions and blew into the crowd, which tore it into pieces for souvenirs'.

Is out there still existing picture of this inflatable stage prop?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

space triangle wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am 'For the U.S. leg of the Pink Floyd's 1975 tour, a pyramid shaped dirigible was floated above the stage. It proved unstable in windy conditions and blew into the crowd, which tore it into pieces for souvenirs'.

Here you go

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Here is part of the Pig Roger was flying over Wembley in 2013. Towards the end of the concert the pig was lowered on top of some of the audience - including me - to rip it apart and this is the bit of pig I tore off

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Roger said his favorite prop was the sheep parachutes they fired out of a cannon over the audience

There is more information about this here https://www.timhunkin.com/09_flying-sheep.htm

What the sheep looked like

Photo of the sheep in action

They can be seen in this video at around 1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwUFRSf ... e=youtu.be
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

A bit more on Stage props. During the 1977 tour they introduced Algi to the world. During Pigs two were used - one flew out over the audience and another appeared behind the band and exploded. You can see it happen at around 2 mins and 41 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Xv1SnSZJo
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

drafsack wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:32 pm Here you go Image
Thank you very much drafsack! I've never seen a picture of that inflatable pyramid before. I once saw a drawing of what it looked like before. But, I never seen it a reality. Frankly speaking,I thought it was a little bigger, but it was very cool to see it. 8)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

And thank you for this others pictures and visdos of the Pink Floyd's stage props. They were always the masters of the visuall stage anbience.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

space triangle wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am 'For the U.S. leg of the Pink Floyd's 1975 tour, a pyramid shaped dirigible was floated above the stage. It proved unstable in windy conditions and blew into the crowd, which tore it into pieces for souvenirs'.

Here are some more photos of the Pyramid

This is what it should have looked like

Here is the reality

space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

drafsack wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Here are some more photos of the Pyramid

This is what it should have looked like

I believe this is the picture I saw once. And, I thought it was actually a black and white drawing !? 8-[

Thanks for the other pics as well. Great to see them all!
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Not exactly the stage prop, but this '1995 "PULSE" INFLATABLE PROMO CHAIR' is very cool. 8)