Guy Pratt plays Disco

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Guy Pratt plays Disco

Post by Annoying Twit »

Guy Pratt features on a 'backing tracks' album. He plays on the 'Disco Funk Groove Backing Track' in E.

Pretty tasty playing, to my ear.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6jkT2h70 ... iCfDtl7NrA
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Guy Pratt plays Disco

Post by PooF »

'Tasty' and 'Disco' are a contradiction in terms (unless you are talking about Donna Summer).
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

PooF wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:57 pm 'Tasty' and 'Disco' are a contradiction in terms (unless you are talking about Donna Summer).
Guy plays well enough to achieve the contradiction :D
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

GP would have done better work with The Village People than he did as a surrogate pf band member if they had only called him. He is more qualified to perform imitations of American dance music than he is for playing the adventurous and daring, spacey noodlings of the earlier pink floyd or the simplistic "musique concrète", "hifi-stereo demonstration-record" type of material the post-Meddle pink floyd specialized in.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Kerry King wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm GP would have done better work with The Village People than he did as a surrogate pf band member if they had only called him. He is more qualified to perform imitations of American dance music than he is for playing the adventurous and daring, spacey noodlings of the earlier pink floyd or the simplistic "musique concrète", "hifi-stereo demonstration-record" type of material the post-Meddle pink floyd specialized in.
I disagree

I like some of the arrangements Lee/Nick and his band have done with the early floyd stuff given the songs a new sound some of the songs i find better then the studio versions. Guys vocals are good imo
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

^ What do you know about disco music? Would you allow for the possibility that your ignorance of disco music has led to your disagreement with me? Or do you spend a lot of time listening to disco? Guy is fine as a surrogate pf band member but that does not mean he is not better suited for imitating American dance music. I think he plays better when he is not trying to fill in for Roger Waters.